Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ordered november, bad news
stodman

Well I ordered back in November, I finally put the squeeze on my broker today as still no build date. Broker put me in touch with the dealer (Farnell in leeds). As it stands the suggested build date is September's, they don't understand why this has been allocated a sept build date when others ordered at the same time have July build dates. The frustration from the dealer was obvious, albeit doesn't quite match my frustration. From myside was always prepared for a wait but not 9 months.

Anyone hearing anything about td4 delays? Dealer is going to see what he can do, however I suspect it am one of many with the same challenge.
02-05-2012 10:04pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Ordered november, bad news

Sounds like a c*ck-up somewhere...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
02-05-2012 10:22pm
Straydox

I spoke to my dealer yesterday and asked for the new order lead-time on behalf of a colleague and was quoted September so as Philskill has already suggested.... Sounds like Farnell forgot...

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
03-05-2012 08:21am
stodman

'Straydox' dont suppose you can tell me which dealer you contacted? much appreciated
03-05-2012 10:35am
Straydox

(03-05-2012 10:35am)stodman Wrote:  'Straydox' dont suppose you can tell me which dealer you contacted? much appreciated

PM sent.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
03-05-2012 12:09pm
Belvoirbloke

My dealer told me (maybe he shouldn’t have) that the Prestige and Dynamic orders take preference due high revenues .... maybe he was trying to be flattering .. you can never tell.
Placed my order late Feb .. build is due to be 11th May .

lover’s tiff over Razz
Prestige SD4 auto, 5DR, Orkney Grey, Ivory/Dark Cherry/Pano/Power Tailgate
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2012 12:21pm by Belvoirbloke.)
03-05-2012 12:20pm
Mudi1

(03-05-2012 12:20pm)Belvoirbloke Wrote:  My dealer told me (maybe he shouldn’t have) that the Prestige and Dynamic orders take preference due high revenues .... maybe he was trying to be flattering .. you can never tell.
Placed my order late Feb .. build is due to be 11th May .

He was trying to flatter you. New LR's have been beyond the price range of many and so have kept thier elitist branding due to that. Now they are trying to venture into the mid price range which also does well in all markets and will hold LR in a much better position should another recession hit. (They had to join forces with Jag, dont forget).

The cars built at LR are in dealers listings order as the lower price range is as attractive to as many as the higher - on the road. However, I would not dispute some dealers may re-arrange list order to boost thier own profits, perhaps this is what yours may do. Afterall, anything can be bought forward if the price is right to do so.
We all pay the same deposit dont we? (1K)
03-05-2012 12:39pm
Straydox

(03-05-2012 12:39pm)Mudi1 Wrote:  He was trying to flatter you. New LR's have been beyond the price range of many and so have kept thier elitist branding due to that. Now they are trying to venture into the mid price range which also does well in all markets and will hold LR in a much better position should another recession hit. (They had to join forces with Jag, dont forget).

The cars built at LR are in dealers listings order as the lower price range is as attractive to as many as the higher - on the road. However, I would not dispute some dealers may re-arrange list order to boost thier own profits, perhaps this is what yours may do. Afterall, anything can be bought forward if the price is right to do so.
We all pay the same deposit dont we? (1K)

To the dealer each 'unit' sold is an incremental step towards a target - where typically there will be a retrospective bonus or kick-back which is worth far more than the pitiful profit margin in a new car.

The dealers take a deposit of retail punters because they can (and most pay up), you can say sorry but I'll pay a token £50 as a gesture of goodwill - its your signature on the order that really binds you. The dealer keeps your deposit, LR don't see it.

03-05-2012 12:56pm
hondafreak

I ordered mine also last November but still no builddate. After making Pressure to my dealer he foun out that my car will be built around second halfnof June and delivered towards end of July.

Upon ordering i was told to get the car by May!

Never had one issue yet...very reliable car!

Fuji White, 5dr Prestige SD4 - Auto, Shadow Chrome 20" Style 7 Wheels, Winter Pack, Ambiance-Oxford
leather interior (ivory-espresso color),Rear Camera Parking Aid, Power Tailgate
03-05-2012 03:21pm
stodman

Cheers All - appreciate all your views. I emailed a few other dealers today and I can order today and get a delivery for Sept (T H White Swindon). I have fed this back to Farnell (Leeds). Just dont understand how I can order in Nov and get the same delivery time as a car I can order today - I knew this was going to be painful, but not this painful! Farnell are still working on it so we will see.

Am in a temp car at the moment at my lease went back in Feb - its a 55 plate Passat (a full 105 bhp!) - lets just say I cant wait for my Evoque - albeit not sure if I can wait till Sept!
03-05-2012 04:23pm