Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ordered!
Samson

Ordered!

Well actually ordered at the end of July, and whilst I have posted a couple of times so far, have only got around to updating my profile and enter this tread about my order today.

Currently have a XF Portfolio S 3.0 - a wonderful car to drive. Am I mad to give up a V6 3.0D with 270 PS and 600Nm of Torque for a 4 cylinder 2.2L diesel? May be... but what won me over was the design and style of the Evoque, it's head turning presence, a luxurious interior (with loads of gadgets to boot) and to top it off it was fun to drive.

Test drove both a Dynamic and a Pure - a Prestige was not available and I wanted to try out the car on 19" versus 20" wheels. In the end decided that I preferred the styling of the Prestige. That's the other great thing about the Evoque, you can pretty much personalise it to your own taste.

My original order was in Havana w/ Ambiance Interior. However, recently saw a Barola Black with Couture Interior and both my wife and I loved it so changed our order. Unfortunately, it cost me an extra £100, as whilst my original order was a MY13 spec car, the Land Rover system had not updated the price for the premium paint, but this of course was adjusted when I changed the colour.

Have been told that my car will go into production in November - so hoping to get hold of it sometime in December. Will probably get mud flaps fitted, but need to find out how they will look before deciding. Also thinking about car paint protection and tyre protection insurance.

Apologies for the lengthy post!

Arrived: Prestige SD4 Auto 5-Door, Barolo Black, Couture Interior, Style 5 Wheels, Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Cornering Headlights w/ Auto Levelling, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare Wheel, TPM System, Mud Flaps
09-09-2012 03:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: Ordered!

Don't worry about lengthy posts, there are plenty of those on here.

I came from a V6 C320 CDi Merc, can't say 4 months on I miss it.

Barolo is a good colour, bit of Black bias here, although Black is harder to maintain.

There were 3 side by side at the Gaydon meet yesterday, looked good in the sunshine.

No doubt you have read the posts on here re Paint protection and tyre protection.

I am more than happy with the GTechniq products, which work well on my Black car.

Decided yesterday that it was time to get some mudflaps fitted as well, after seeing them on other owners cars.

Oh, and finally the Evoque is still a head turner, judging by the reactions of passers by in the car park whilst waiting for a take out curry last night.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
09-09-2012 06:06pm
MartinP

Welcome Samson. I had an XF prior to my Evoque and I agree that it's a great car. Do I miss it? No, as the Evoque is a great car as well. As to which is better that's a hard one as they are both different types of vehicle but I have no regrets about switching and I'm sure you will not either. I have Havana but the black looks great as well and you seem to have covered off the options pretty thoroughly.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
10-09-2012 12:39pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Welcome to the forum Samson.
What to say - Evoque has the same 2.2 engine as all the magazines say make the 4 pot 2.2 XF the best car in the Jaguar range. You won't find it short of power or torque, I came from owning 3.6TDv8 powered Range Rover Sports and FFRRs, the 2.2 isn't quite the torque-fest that the bigger engines are but it isn't lacking anything either. I've just had mudflaps fitted to my car after a year without any.

Front wheel
[Image: file-17-2.jpg]

Rear wheel
[Image: file-18-1.jpg]

view from the back
[Image: file-19-1.jpg]

They aren't very big but seem to work pretty well.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2012 06:54pm by XFullFatTim.)
10-09-2012 06:37pm
Samson

Thanks for the welcome.

Picking the colour for me was the hardest. Options was a lot easier - loved the way the Dynamic drove in "dynamic" mode, so had to go with that option on the Prestige. Would have gone for solar attenuating glass and auto-dipping lights as well but was warned off these - the glass because of interference with mobile/GPS and the auto-dipping lights because of the delay in response times.

Definitely going to get the paint protected (current car still looks like new) - had a look GTechniq website - looks like the one to go for - thanks for the tip!

The mud-flaps look great! Thanks for the pics. Were these a dealer fit?

Looking forward to driving the Evoque... eventuallyVery Happy

Arrived: Prestige SD4 Auto 5-Door, Barolo Black, Couture Interior, Style 5 Wheels, Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Cornering Headlights w/ Auto Levelling, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare Wheel, TPM System, Mud Flaps
10-09-2012 10:07pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Yes mine were fitted last week by Lookers Park Royal while the car was in for it's first service

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-09-2012 11:29pm
Evo-king

Just on the power front.

Was talking to Griff at the get together last Saturday. He has had the Bell Auto services, power upgrade. Said it makes difference, particularly above 40 mph acceleration.

Quite tempted, over to you Griff.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
11-09-2012 09:27pm