Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
OMG Bugs
doug

RE: OMG Bugs

(10-08-2012 09:00pm)Jonathon555 Wrote:  G101 diluted , spray it on jet wash it off bye bye bugs

Best cleaner i have ever found

Isn't it a bit strong for paint work! Even at 30/1 mixture it will strain paint & trim if its left to dry out. It's main use is for cleaning the underside of vehicles.
I would use it for a detox before de-taring claying etc... But for me, this "truck wash" is too strong for weekly use.
What ratio are you using?

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2012 10:11pm by doug.)
10-08-2012 10:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

Very interesting Tim.

When we did our full LRE last month we had had quite a lot of rain previously, AM we used an Evoque & PM a RR Sport.

I commented on the large number of flies swarming around the car. Our instructor said he wanted to put the A/C on to keep it nice and cool inside the car, the point being made was on driver changes the car door was opened, as the flies were attracted to the heat of the car they would be less likely to come inside.

I'm no David Attenborough but it seems to make sense.

(10-08-2012 09:55am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I posted about the number of live bugs the Fuji Evoque attracts when it is parked - I have never had a car that is so attractive to creepy crawlies when it is parked - I wondered at first if it had anything to do with the smell from the paint treatment I had applied but a few others also commented that they had found the same thing. I'm used to coming home after a few months to find the car cocooned in spider's webs (it's all part of living in the countryside) but not to going out in the morning and finding clouds of bugs crawling over the car!

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
10-08-2012 11:18pm
speary

(10-08-2012 11:08am)WB Wrote:  If you don't have any kind of protection on your car I'd recommend getting some Gtechniq C1.5 or C2 to apply to your car when its clean. They will make it much easier to remove bugs without having to resort to nasty chemicals or rubbing away at your paint.

If you are having difficulty removing bugs then use a stronger mix of shampoo when washing the car and allow it to soak in before you rub at them. Snow foam would also be a good way to dissolve the bugs.

I have C2 treatment and also pre soaked the bugs with my regular shampoo and they came off no problem

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
13-08-2012 08:38am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It rained here last night and now many of the carcasses that were splattered across the from of my beauty are now lying on my drive slabs, no environmentally unfriendly sprays or effort required!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-08-2012 08:51am