babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
OMG Bugs - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: OMG Bugs (/Thread-OMG-Bugs)

Pages: 1 2

OMG Bugs - speary - 10-08-2012 08:18am

I did a fast run up from the midlands last night (20:50) and when I got home I couldnt beleive the number of bugs on the front of the car. It looked like a meat feast pizza
I guess the cleaning kit will have to come out tonight

RE: OMG Bugs - XFullFatTim - 10-08-2012 08:23am

Not a problem with a Firenze Red though................... but mine collects a lots of roadkill too and it's also a Fuji

RE: OMG Bugs - griff - 10-08-2012 09:00am

That white for you - Ipanema Sand rocks as it hides most things - except the really big ones!

OMG Bugs - Neo - 10-08-2012 09:47am

Nah, it's just that the bugs love your RRE and wanted to hug it!

RE: OMG Bugs - XFullFatTim - 10-08-2012 09:55am

I posted about the number of live bugs the Fuji Evoque attracts when it is parked - I have never had a car that is so attractive to creepy crawlies when it is parked - I wondered at first if it had anything to do with the smell from the paint treatment I had applied but a few others also commented that they had found the same thing. I'm used to coming home after a few months to find the car cocooned in spider's webs (it's all part of living in the countryside) but not to going out in the morning and finding clouds of bugs crawling over the car!

RE: OMG Bugs - cs33wa - 10-08-2012 10:34am

(10-08-2012 08:18am)speary Wrote:  I did a fast run up from the midlands last night (20:50) and when I got home I couldnt beleive the number of bugs on the front of the car. It looked like a meat feast pizza
I guess the cleaning kit will have to come out tonight

Interesting to know the kits you use to clean. I hate those as well, they are my nightmare every summer!

RE: OMG Bugs - WB - 10-08-2012 11:08am

If you don't have any kind of protection on your car I'd recommend getting some Gtechniq C1.5 or C2 to apply to your car when its clean. They will make it much easier to remove bugs without having to resort to nasty chemicals or rubbing away at your paint.

If you are having difficulty removing bugs then use a stronger mix of shampoo when washing the car and allow it to soak in before you rub at them. Snow foam would also be a good way to dissolve the bugs.

RE: OMG Bugs - andrey1302 - 10-08-2012 12:03pm

(10-08-2012 10:34am)cs33wa Wrote:  Interesting to know the kits you use to clean. I hate those as well, they are my nightmare every summer!

I just use a one of those pressure washer and it seems to do the job really well

RE: OMG Bugs - XFullFatTim - 10-08-2012 01:08pm

+1 Andrey

RE: OMG Bugs - Jonathon555 - 10-08-2012 09:00pm

G101 diluted , spray it on jet wash it off bye bye bugs

Best cleaner i have ever found