Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Newbie seeking advice
Lukasc

Newbie seeking advice

Hey all, just joined your forum today after browsing for a few days.

Got a new job a month ago and i am choosing a company car. One of the cars im allowed to choose is a RR Evoque SE 2.0 eD4 (2wd). I can also choose ONE extra from the following. Im just wondering which to go for...?
  • Tinted Rear Privacy glass
  • Heated Rear Seats
  • Rear Reversing Camera
  • Front Fog Lights
  • Solar Control Glass
  • Traffic Sign Recognition

Now, the oblivious one to me would be the rear reversing camera - but if i were to choose that, would i loose the screen that appears when the parking sensors are on? I mean the one that shows a graphic of how far away you are. Also im tempted to pick the privacy glass, but i could get that done independently for £150unless you think the factory fit option is worth having?

Advice please...! Smile
(This post was last modified: 21-09-2015 03:25pm by Lukasc.)
21-09-2015 03:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Good shot

RE: Newbie seeking advice

(21-09-2015 03:19pm)Lukasc Wrote:  Hey all, just joined your forum today after browsing for a few days.

Got a new job a month ago and i am choosing a company car. One of the cars im allowed to choose is a RR Evoque SE 2.0 eD4 (2wd). I can also choose ONE extra from the following. Im just wondering which to go for...?
  • Tinted Rear Privacy glass
  • Heated Rear Seats
  • Rear Reversing Camera
  • Front Fog Lights
  • Solar Control Glass
  • Traffic Sign Recognition

Now, the oblivious one to me would be the rear reversing camera - but if i were to choose that, would i loose the screen that appears when the parking sensors are on? I mean the one that shows a graphic of how far away you are. Also im tempted to pick the privacy glass, but i could get that done independently for £150unless you think the factory fit option is worth having?

Advice please...! Smile

No you wouldn't lose the graphic. It gets superimposed on the camara view. The camara is a good feature although I realise I look in it more when the wife is reversing!

I like the privacy glass but I don't know the relative cost of factory v private.

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
21-09-2015 03:45pm
scrannel

Can only tell you from my experience. I have a 2013 Dynamic. When in reverse, the camera comes on, the proximity sensors alert me (some graphics appear in the camera). If, on the other hand, I am not in reverse and activate my proximity sensors I will get the graphic you describe. If I do not activate PS and am not in reverse (and the PS come on by themselves) I do not get the graphic.

All that being said with the not-so-great view to the rear I would absolutely get the reversing camera.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
21-09-2015 03:46pm
Tony

Rear view camera, no contest, the view out of the rear window is very restricted.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
21-09-2015 04:18pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Agree on the concensus so far as the reversing cam is a "must have", but then from an aesthetic point of view the front fogs are also desirable instead of grey plastic fillers across the dummy vents! One of the options I had on my last Evoque that I really miss on my RRSport is the Road Sign Recognition if only that it tells you the speed limit for the road that you are on............... until it comes to the next speed limit sign!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
21-09-2015 06:08pm
LaserTam

From that list - camera, definitely.

Born 28th June - Pure Tech 2.2 eD4 Manual in Santorini Black, Pano roof, Cirrus leather, style 6 wheels, rear camera, power mirrors, auto dim RVM
21-09-2015 06:14pm
Crustydaemon

It will be pretty soon a Regulation at least in US (Reversing Camera), for me from the list it is " Reversing Camera".
21-09-2015 06:29pm
bee

same here reverse camera. you can after market window tints they are quite good now. also I would fit front fog lights even if not wired in, just for visual effects. Cool

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
21-09-2015 06:53pm
MrNoo

(21-09-2015 06:14pm)LaserTam Wrote:  From that list - camera, definitely.
+1

Arrived - SD4 Prestige, 5 door, manual in Orkney Grey with Element interior. Style 4 wheels, spare wheel & auto-dimming rear view mirror.
Joining MX-5 2.0i convertible.
21-09-2015 09:33pm