Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New to Range Rover, waiting order arrival..
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: New to Range Rover, waiting order arrival..

I always thought a sick car was one stranded on the roadside, bonnet/ hood open and steam coming out of the engine bay. Times they are achanging!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-09-2012 05:43pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
punknart

haha, well, english is not my first language. Im just writing the english I learnt when I lived in England 1 year ago. Im 25, but most classmates were older than me..... so probably english has evolved quite a lot without noticing it..

apart from that... a dealer called me last week and told me he had one RR available to pick up next week. Exterior white and "beige" on the inside. I bought it yesterday Smile Smile ... the only complain is that it doesnt have led fog lights and front parking sensors. The rest is ok. Panoramic roof, meridian radio.. etc..
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2012 06:59pm by punknart.)
04-10-2012 06:58pm
vcanals

Punknart, I hope you don´t regret not having the fog lights as it seems it´s impossible to retrofit them, and the look of the car without them is... let´s leave it as "strange". I hope the car also has the signature led drl´s. They make the evoque look complete... Enjoy your car Thumbs Up Saludos

Ordered July 10th 2012- Dynamic ed4 Man 5 dr / Style 6 alloys / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Solar attenuating glass / Pursuit leather / Heated seats /auto dimming rear view mirror / Spare wheel
Delivered November 6th 2012 Very Happy

[Image: 161592.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2012 07:58pm by vcanals.)
04-10-2012 07:55pm
punknart

(04-10-2012 07:55pm)vcanals Wrote:  Punknart, I hope you don´t regret not having the fog lights as it seems it´s impossible to retrofit them, and the look of the car without them is... let´s leave it as "strange". I hope the car also has the signature led drl´s. They make the evoque look complete... Enjoy your car Thumbs Up Saludos

So true... I thought a lot about it but if I want the fog lights, I will have to wait minimum 6 months because the ones they already ordered, lack these lights.. The seller told me that the "standard" pure model to latin america is without lights.. Is quite stupid,.... I think it also has to be about taxes and stuff..

Anyway, the equipment is not that bad.. It does come with the DRLs... As i said before, the only missing parts are the fog lights and the front parking sensors..
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2012 11:05pm by punknart.)
04-10-2012 10:59pm
vcanals

It makes sense, as waiting for 6 months just to have fog lights is not worth it. In Spain, the standard pure also comes without fog lights though the option is not expensive (about 300 eur), the only problem is they can not be retrofitted. I know some users installed the fog lights without even connecting the wires, just for the looks.... Anyway, you did the good decision as 6 months is a long time. Enjoy your car... mine is due to arrive in less than a month so I´m very excited about the big day Thumbs Up

Ordered July 10th 2012- Dynamic ed4 Man 5 dr / Style 6 alloys / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Solar attenuating glass / Pursuit leather / Heated seats /auto dimming rear view mirror / Spare wheel
Delivered November 6th 2012 Very Happy

[Image: 161592.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2012 05:18am by vcanals.)
05-10-2012 05:17am
XFullFatTim

If you don't get fog in your region then there isn't a lot of point the dealers ordering cars with front fogs as 99.9% of buyers wouldn't want to pay for them. It is only those with an eye to the beauty of the car that want to buy the fogs "because they make the car look complete" !

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
05-10-2012 09:55am
punknart

(05-10-2012 05:17am)vcanals Wrote:  It makes sense, as waiting for 6 months just to have fog lights is not worth it. In Spain, the standard pure also comes without fog lights though the option is not expensive (about 300 eur), the only problem is they can not be retrofitted. I know some users installed the fog lights without even connecting the wires, just for the looks.... Anyway, you did the good decision as 6 months is a long time. Enjoy your car... mine is due to arrive in less than a month so I´m very excited about the big day Thumbs Up

Enjoy it too Very HappyVery Happy ..

Well I ask to the dealer about adding the fog lights but they have to order the car again... At least you are closer to Britain than me Tongue Out ...

Ive heard about some problems with range rovers... Dont know how to say it in english.. "la confiabilidad no es buena".... Have you heard something about that?
05-10-2012 03:50pm
cjfp

"Reliability is not good"
Here are a few threads on this.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-WhatCar-R...eliability

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Land-Rove...eliability

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Evoque-Re...eliability

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2012 03:58pm by cjfp.)
05-10-2012 03:56pm
XFullFatTim

And the Range Rovers that are now officially described as unreliable are the Mk3's aka P38A. According to Autocar magazine this when in their article about buying a used MK4 L322 (current generation) you need have no fear of unreliability, but when they do go wrong it will be expensive, BUT GENERALLY THEY ARE VERY RELIABLE!

Evoques and Freelander2's are not built in the same factory as other Land Rovers, Halewood was always known for turning out a better product than Solihull, unfortunately in the old days Halewood also went out on strike more often..............

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2012 06:26pm by XFullFatTim.)
05-10-2012 06:22pm