babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
New to Range Rover, waiting order arrival.. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: New to Range Rover, waiting order arrival.. (/Thread-New-to-Range-Rover-waiting-order-arrival)

Pages: 1 2

New to Range Rover, waiting order arrival.. - punknart - 14-09-2012 09:45pm

Hello guys,

As the subject states, this is my first Land Rover/Range Rover car. Im very excited to get it fast!!!
But Ive got some concerns..
Im from Colombia and unfortunately there is not much stock at car dealers so waiting times are quite long if I want the car with extras. (There is stock until December if Im lucky). One car dealer told me they got only one Pure model in stock that will be available in 15 days, in gray colour...

I havent seen this colour, what do you guys think about it? As the marketing campaign showed the white colour and red, I guess I got used to it.. I have never liked that gray but who knows... probably it looks cool. The thing is that I have to decided at least till wednesday so Im a bit in a hurry.

In short words, I choose that colour, or I have to wait until December/January

Apart from that, does anybody knows a shop in the US where I can buy accesories for the evoque? Im interested in painting the front bumper as the dynamic model, and also the roof to another colour. Looks amazing!!!

Well, thanks for the time, I know the thread is a bit long...

RE: New to Range Rover, waiting order arrival.. - Craig_d1 - 14-09-2012 10:30pm

I like the Orkney grey, it has a slight bluish tinge to it. I think the pure bumper etc is too similar a colour though, so if you're thinking about changing the grill etc to black, then all the better, as they go well together

RE: New to Range Rover, waiting order arrival.. - punknart - 16-09-2012 11:05pm

Nice, I will go and see it once it gets to the city.. Ive seen some pictures and it looks beautifil as other colours. I think white and red look better but I guess I have to buy that one now or wait until 2013.

I will be grateful if someone post some photos of this car in gray...

RE: New to Range Rover, waiting order arrival.. - XFullFatTim - 17-09-2012 08:11am

OG is here
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-My-Orkney-Grey-with-Roof-Side-Vents-Mirrors-and-Waist-rail-wrapped-in-gloss-black

RE: New to Range Rover, waiting order arrival.. - punknart - 17-09-2012 05:23pm

(17-09-2012 08:11am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  OG is here
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-My-Orkney-Grey-with-Roof-Side-Vents-Mirrors-and-Waist-rail-wrapped-in-gloss-black

WOW. looks sick!!!!!!

RE: New to Range Rover, waiting order arrival.. - Craig_d1 - 17-09-2012 11:57pm

That cars grill etc has been painted black though(looks great), whereas a standard pure will have a grey grill.
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Evoque-Collected?page=2

RE: New to Range Rover, waiting order arrival.. - XFullFatTim - 18-09-2012 08:36am

(17-09-2012 05:23pm)punknart Wrote:  WOW. looks sick!!!!!!

I must be getting old when I see a car is described as sick..................... in what way does it look unwell? I've never thought any car looked like vomit (well maybe a Porsche Cayenne but it isn't that bad). Why are you even considering buying an Evoque if that is what you think it looks like?

RE: New to Range Rover, waiting order arrival.. - AandM1228 - 18-09-2012 09:28am

(18-09-2012 08:36am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I must be getting old when I see a car is described as sick..................... in what way does it look unwell? I've never thought any car looked like vomit (well maybe a Porsche Cayenne but it isn't that bad). Why are you even considering buying an Evoque if that is what you think it looks like?

My 17 year old just informed me that sick is good.... WTH! I'm getting old too apparently lolSmile

RE: New to Range Rover, waiting order arrival.. - IKM - 18-09-2012 10:14am

(18-09-2012 09:28am)AandM1228 Wrote:  My 17 year old just informed me that sick is good.... WTH! I'm getting old too apparently lolSmile
And here was me thinking it was a typo, and they really meant sLick!

New to Range Rover, waiting order arrival.. - Teetree - 19-09-2012 01:45pm

Similar to "PHAT"!Smile What has happened to the beautiful English language?!Smile