Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New iPhone pairing problem
mnd

New iPhone pairing problem

Hi, I recently upgraded to an IPhone 5 but can't get the damn thing to pair Bluetooth.
I've tried both pairing methods, deleted my old phone, tried with car on and off, changed phone name but nothing seems to work. I keep getting a 'pair unsuccessful' message after entering the pin. So they manage to find each other fine but just won't sync. My wife's phone which is also an IPhone 5 is synced and works fine, but I synced that months ago without a problem. Nothing else has changed so I have no idea what's wrong.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
03-08-2013 02:44am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rchrdleigh

RE: New iPhone pairing problem

Could be that the new Iphone has a different version of software that is not compatible with your Evoque.
Phone manufacturers constantly update their software and it can take time for others to bring their own into line. Check the software versions of both yours and your wife's phones and if they are different that's likely to be the problem.
03-08-2013 08:49pm
Straydox

Try turning off Bluetooth Audio streaming?

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
03-08-2013 09:38pm
mnd

Wife's phone is the same iOS version. This is killing me ! Not sure what else to try. The car thinks it has synced successfully but the phone says pairing unsuccessful. Unless its a phone hardware issue ?
04-08-2013 07:53am
scrannel

Odd. My Motorola and BBerry both maintain their profiles. However, this can get quirky. I know your wife's phone works but would suggest two things you may have already done: go on the LR site and run your VIN under the Bluetooth section... just to be sure. Then I would check on an iPhone forum.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
04-08-2013 05:28pm
JimWooly

Try deleting your wife's phone then connecting yours.
04-08-2013 05:31pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

(04-08-2013 05:31pm)JimWooly Wrote:  Try deleting your wife's phone then connecting yours.

This shouldn't be necessary as IIRC the LR system is siupposed to be able to connect to up to 5 phones

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
04-08-2013 07:39pm
JimWooly

(04-08-2013 07:39pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  This shouldn't be necessary as IIRC the LR system is siupposed to be able to connect to up to 5 phones

I would still think it would be worth a try though as nothing else seems to be working.
04-08-2013 07:54pm