Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Jaguar F-Pace
Tony

RE: New Jaguar F-Pace

[quote='PhilSkill' pid='107676' dateline='1442325692']
From the f-Pace Website

F-PACE First Edition From £65000!!!

Was not that silly beckham edition Evoque even more than £65k.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
15-09-2015 04:23pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Hi Tony, It was around that price yes, at least that was pretty high spec, you'll need to add options on this putting the price up further.
A lot of this cost is the V6 engine price of course, the 300ps V6 is 51k starting price before any options.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
15-09-2015 04:46pm
Tony

Hi Phil,

I don't think the 3lt S is too bad on price and the 'S' model does have more equipment as standard, used the on-line build this morning and got to about £55.5 with the extras I wanted. My Evoque (Dynamic Lux) has stuff on it I have never used or is useless and as I live very very rural, the nearest motorway to me is about 300 miles away, a lot of the extras that aid motorway driving are irrelavent to me.

Spent the morning ringing round a few Jag dealers to try and get more info on dates, when it can be seen in the metal etc. and it looks like not before January (previews for the privilaged) with showroom cars to drive about March. I would want to wait a while to see how the car shapes up, reliability, build quality etc. Too long to wait for me so it looks like we will take delivery of the RRS in October and in two/three years 'down size' to the Jag if its OK, unless of course anything else takes our fancy.

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
15-09-2015 05:03pm
PhilSkill

Cant seem to configure the "First Edition" or choose that blue on lower models. Nothing drawing me to the F-Pace really, i'd rather stay with my Evoque (fortunately don't have any problems.. touching wood!), I think i'd be drawn to the F-Type for something different if I went near a Jag Dealer!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
15-09-2015 05:32pm
Tony

(15-09-2015 05:32pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Cant seem to configure the "First Edition" or choose that blue on lower models. Nothing drawing me to the F-Pace really, i'd rather stay with my Evoque (fortunately don't have any problems.. touching wood!), I think i'd be drawn to the F-Type for something different if I went near a Jag Dealer!

I think the first edition comes as it is, not on the configurator (yet), only blue available across the range is a dark met. Not a very inspiring colour range, maybe better when its been out a year. Last time we went near a Jag dealer we DID secure an F Type, 8 months old, 5k dry miles only, fully loaded, cost new £80k+ was our for £55k and a good price for our Evoque. The day we were due to pick it up in London I ended up in hospital plugged into a heart monitor and the wife cancelled the Jag. That was in April, since then the Evoque has lost over £6k and we cannot find another F Type to the same spec/price. Unfortunately to sums don't add up anymore as in April at that px deal we had enough spare cash for something like an ex demo A3 Quattro or Golf AWD or similar for the shopping and when it snows.

Tony

15-09-2015 06:02pm
Evo-king

It is a car that is going to feature much more in terms of Performance, Off Road capability is a side issue.

The Macan is slower, down on power and economy.

I'm still trying to come to terms with the V6 Diesels performance and economy figures. Tim or any other LR expert where has this engine come from?

Why oh why am I still driving around in a 2.2D 190bhp motor?

My bid is in for one, BUT, my wife still has her doubts and without being able to see/drive this car we have a dilemma, or rather she does I don't.

The deployable side steps are also an expensive option but a must have IMO.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
20-09-2015 06:39pm
Tony

Just cannot come to terms with the Macan, however well engineered it maybe, it still looks like a Citroen Cactus on steroids.

20-09-2015 07:01pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The engine is the old 2.7ltr TDv6 Ford PSA/Citroen engine bored to 3.0lt and with breathing and lubrication modified to LR's requirements. It is the (for a Land Rover) light weight that really helps it though. My last RRS TDv8 was 500kgs heavier and while it was a 3.6V8 it produced less power and torque than the latest versions of the 3.0ltV6. IIRC the TDv8 produced what in 2007 we thought was a huge 400nM of torques and quite a few less horses than these new engines! It is interesting that with the 2015 ECU map the torque went up 20nm over the 2014MY and both emissions and fuel consumption dropped with no mods to the actual engine. I just hope that LR aren't doing a VW USA with their massaged figures!
If you want Economy then how's this........... today I drove from Lancaster to Southampton, trip average speed 67mph, average mpg.......... 41! I didn't hang around but also there were some very long sections of the M6, M40 and A34 with 50mph and down to 40 in some and average speed cams. I stopped for nearly an hour at Hilton Park Services to hand over 4 x 19" Alloys shod with Pirelli Ice and Snow tyres that I sold. The fuel gauge is showing that I used about 1/3rd tank. Happy? Of course, that equals the best I ever got out of the last Evoque, but wafting along at 70 is only just on the edge of the maximum torque (720nM of it at 1600RPM IIRC, and at 70 the engine is turning at 1700RPM in 8th gear) band so tickle the throttle and wosh drop down a gear or two and hang on, it is a deceptively fast car this RRS2, and very very quiet even running on liquorice laces type 22" low profile tyres it is much more relaxing to drive than the Evoque over a long journey!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 20-09-2015 09:38pm by XFullFatTim.)
20-09-2015 09:28pm
PAT

I saw the car for the first time at the launch event in Edinburgh on Saturday and am glad I went for a new Evoque as I was underwhelmed to say the least.

The First Edition looked impressive but the other models just looked bland.

I had contemplated placing an order for the V6 petrol last year as I was impressed with what I'd seen but viewing the four cars at the launch didn't fill me with the same level of excitement as seeing the Evoque for the first time.

I'm disappointed that I didn't like the car more as I would have potentially ordered one in a few years time but will instead need to start saving for a RRS instead.

I'll post some pics from the launch once I figure out how to reduce the size.

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
10-02-2016 10:39pm
PhilSkill

Interesting Quote I just read on the F-Pace

The F-Pace is a winner here, says Jaguar: it has the figures to prove it. One industry firm that works out whole life costs says the F-Pace will be £240 cheaper than a comparable Audi Q5 after three years and 60,000 miles. It will also be £3,107 cheaper than a BMW X4. And a whopping £10,734 cheaper than a Macan (and that’s despite the Porsche’s superb 53% retained value: the F-Pace is next-best on 50%).

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/reviews/20...spartanntp

06-04-2016 09:14pm