Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Evoque.
Barton Evoque

New Evoque.

Just been around 3 dealers today for a Evoque Pure all seem to tell me delivery would be October/November yet i read on here people have ordered a few weeks ago with build dates for July,August delivery.are lead time coming down.Question and they don't know about it.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2012 06:55pm by Barton Evoque.)
04-06-2012 06:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rchrdleigh

RE: New Evoque.

Don't think lead times are coming down by much at the moment. What you might find is that some Dealers have pre-booked delivery slots in the expectation that they will find customers for them while other Dealers have not and will put in your order when you make it, hence the October/November delivery time you were quoted. Also seem to recall delivery on Pure is longer than it is for Prestige and Dynamic.

Also October/November is possibly going to be MY13 rather than MY12.

Did you manage to get a 1/2 day Experience voucher out of a Dealer on your visits?
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2012 06:30pm by rchrdleigh.)
04-06-2012 06:29pm
Barton Evoque

No i didn't get offered the 1/2 day experience voucher.going to a couple of other dealer's tomorrow but none could give me a valuation on My Freelander2 as build time is so far away,but either way should have one on order by the weekend.Smile
04-06-2012 06:47pm
Griff449

I got offered a part ex for my Freelander 2 whe. I ordered back end of March. Guaranteed figure although not quie as much as I expected hence why I will try and sell private albeit still at a good price Smile

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
04-06-2012 09:29pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vc

(04-06-2012 09:29pm)Griff449 Wrote:  I got offered a part ex for my Freelander 2 whe. I ordered back end of March. Guaranteed figure although not quie as much as I expected hence why I will try and sell private albeit still at a good price Smile

I too got the driving voucher on the day I ordered which we are doing this Saturday. They also valued my Rav4 but wouldn't commit due to 6 month lead time however all figures were based on worse case scenario of my car being worth 2.5k less to give me an idea of monthly cost. To be fair they gave me fair market value for a 4 yr old car and now my delivery is expected in July rather than October, the new value should be fairly close to the old one Very Happy

COLLECTED 20th July Very Happy
Ordered 4th April, built 6th July
Pure SD4 auto, Mauritius Blue fogs, signatures, tailgate, power fold mirrors, electric drivers seat,
cirrus/lunar, auto dim mirror, mats.
05-06-2012 08:05am
Barton Evoque

So looking at people who ordered in april they are getting there car's in july so if all go to plan if i order today i should hope to get in September if build's are coming forward. Very Happy I was giving a rough idea for my 58 GS Freelander of 13500 but was told to expect at least a £800 drop by delivery date,might look into selling private as its a mint car with only 20k miles and loads of extra's on it.
05-06-2012 08:44am
Neo

Yup, the dealer will try to screw you over on the trade-in!

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
05-06-2012 09:47am
The Valeter

(05-06-2012 09:47am)Neo Wrote:  Yup, the dealer will try to screw you over on the trade-in!

Don't they allways?

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
05-06-2012 10:39am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Straydox

(04-06-2012 06:19pm)Barton Evoque Wrote:  Just been around 3 dealers today for a Evoque Pure all seem to tell me delivery would be October/November yet i read on here people have ordered a few weeks ago with build dates for July,August delivery.are lead time coming down.Question and they don't know about it.

The delivery window any dealer quotes you will depend on their honesty and how many orders the dealer has ahead of yours. The factory call-off the orders in batches from the dealer each month - let's say the dealer has 30 outstanding orders - and the factory ask for the next 10 each month then your order won't go in (and have a build date allocated) for 3 or 4 months..........

The trick is to find a dealer who has a short order book and place your order with them...

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
05-06-2012 11:42am
Barton Evoque

Thanks for the tip but most dealer are quoting the same,some are saying they have 50+ orders doing 10 a month give it a 5 month wait.
05-06-2012 02:28pm