Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where o where can my Evoque be???
krissiejane

Where o where can my Evoque be???

Hi Guys,

My very first post on the forum is a bit of a whinge, but I dont think that anyone else will understand my frustrations quite like you guys will! Laughing

I ordered my Evoque, last year - 27th December to be exact, from Guy Salmon in Coventry. Pure Tech, OG, Pano Roof, Privacy Glass etc etc (the list goes on) and then I wait patiently - with a proposed build date of 1st June.

Anyway - the great news is that the build date moved to end of May, the car was built and then went into "holding" whatever that means, for over a week. Now the car is "being delivered to the dealer, but has not yet landed" as they keep telling me. Evil

I was supposed to pick up last week, now they're telling me its next week, and no one seems to even know where the car is...

Did anyone else have experiences like this - and do any of you know how I can find out when I actually might get the car - (where it actually is?? just feeling a bit in limbo at the moment..

Rant over Cool
06-06-2012 12:43pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Straydox

RE: Where o where can my Evoque be???

It's possible your car was built and then got stopped for a QA check error or needed to held back for an updated component to be replaced. It happens and its better it gets fixed before you take delivery.

Mine got delayed by nearly a week due to transport difficulties (Guy Salmon in Stratford-upon- Avon), it's perfectly possible that yours is just in transit right now - I have read that the factory is closed this week so if your car hasn't been collected from there then that could be your answer?

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
06-06-2012 01:21pm
MartinP

Welcome krissiejane....it takes approx 10 to 14 days from completion through to the dealer and I would think the Jubilee has added a couple of extra days as well. After QC etc the cars are collated and grouped for despatch to the dealers so I would think yours is in the distribution network somewhere. And they do suddenly turn up - unannounced, at the dealers as mine did! So I think yours will be there next week so you will need to be patient for a few more days!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
06-06-2012 02:17pm
J77

My car was being taken off the transporter but according to LR it was still at the factory. So your car could be anywhere.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
06-06-2012 04:18pm
FujiSan

S'funny but I ordered in November from GS in Coventry ad was given a build date of 18th May and an expected delivery date of 15th June. I have not yet contacted them (restrained, I know) but I have not heard a dicky bird from them either.

Yours and mine may well end up being on the same transporter by the sound of things, so if you do get yours soon, please let me know! I'll do the same if I get mine.

Good luck.

TD4 Pure - Now a rare breed...

[Image: 131166.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2012 06:21pm by FujiSan.)
06-06-2012 06:21pm
krissiejane

Thanks guys!

Fujisan - I had a call from the Dealer literally an hour or so after my posting to say that its arrived, and Im now planning to pick it up on Friday - so excited!! Thanks again though...
06-06-2012 07:36pm
FujiSan

Right, that's me on the phone tomorrow then!

Well done krissiejane, ask them if they have a Fuji Pure of mine lying around awaiting delivery Smile

TD4 Pure - Now a rare breed...

[Image: 131166.png]
06-06-2012 08:21pm
krissiejane

I would get on the phone FujiSan..! Maybe ill see you on Friday! Wink
06-06-2012 08:28pm
PhilSkill

I got mine from Coventry, they didnt call unless there was news, but called whenever there was something and kept me updated through the early delays, just had a 6th month courtesy call too! Worth ringing FujiSan.

Enjoy yours KrissieJane!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
07-06-2012 12:40am
MartinP

(06-06-2012 07:36pm)krissiejane Wrote:  Thanks guys!

Fujisan - I had a call from the Dealer literally an hour or so after my posting to say that its arrived, and Im now planning to pick it up on Friday - so excited!! Thanks again though...

Great news krissiejane - hope everything goes to plan tomorrow!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
07-06-2012 12:28pm