Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Evoque in Perth, WA
rigs

New Evoque in Perth, WA

Picked up my car on Friday, was thrilled to get it advance of our long weekend and so far and very happy with it. Colour choices and options I think worked out really well. Surprisingly I am especially glad I chose the Ebony headliner, it just works really well. The black roof too when combined with the black trim of the Dynamic plus the window tint goes great.

It drives beautifully, no real complaints, just a couple of minor ones. I noticed the drivers rear door 'skirt trim' doesn't fit that well and stands proud a bit, plus I have the slightly odd shaped drivers side tailgate issue that has been mentioned before on the forum. I thought this would have been fixed by now!

They really are minor issues, the car is awesome and the build quality and feel of the car overall, especially the interior is faultless. Personally is compares very well with our other VW car and the Audi's etc that I test drove last year. Here are a few pics anyway:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ordered 21 Oct 2012: Delivered: Jan 2013 (next week hopefully) Dynamic 5DR Auto TD4: Reverse Camera: Front Sensors: Stowage Rails: 20' Shadow Chrome, Orkney Grey, Black Roof, Verve Interior
29-01-2013 06:22am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jitenc

RE: New Evoque in Perth, WA

Nice... congrats.
Now I also know Australia has RHD cars...

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
29-01-2013 06:33am
Jai

New Evoque in Perth, WA

Welcome! You have almost the same car as me haha! Dynamic, grey, verve interior etc. hope to see you cruising around!

Hate to say it but that tailgate quarter panel issue has seen others get their cars replaced in the UK... Personally I would return the car and demand the expedite you a replacement, or give you a massive chunky refund if you still want to keep it.

I would be back to the dealer ASAP and let them know you are fully versed on the rear quarter panel faults being found from Production in the month of your build (november im assuming) and you need either a new car or considerable reimbursement.

You just don't know how much of the second hand market in a few years time will know of this massive fault and may steer clear of your car because of it.

Cheers!
(This post was last modified: 29-01-2013 06:57am by Jai.)
29-01-2013 06:55am
QUEEVO

New Evoque in Perth, WA

Car looks great - black roof works really well...!

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
29-01-2013 11:23am
rigs

Hi Jai, yeah I had read that thread too before pick-up, but was too busy checking out the car to notice it. Now I have though, it's the first and only thing I see as I walk to the car. I'm taking the car back to the dealer next week to run it and a couple of other minor issues past them. Basically the car seems sound, everything works, no rattles, it is driving beautifully etc. I'm trying to grapple with myself over whether to make an issue over it, or try to forget it and move on and just enjoy the car. I don't want to be nit-picky but it's my first new car and it wasn't a exactly a cheap one.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ordered 21 Oct 2012: Delivered: Jan 2013 (next week hopefully) Dynamic 5DR Auto TD4: Reverse Camera: Front Sensors: Stowage Rails: 20' Shadow Chrome, Orkney Grey, Black Roof, Verve Interior
30-01-2013 05:35am
Jai

New Evoque in Perth, WA

You spent over $80k on a car, this manufacturing defect isn't acceptable period. Don't be emotionally attached to the car at this point, although waiting another 3 months for a car is hard. If it were me a 10% cash refund would do it.

I dare say you and I have the same dealer and were both seeking fixes and compensation for factory defects!

I'm really surprised that dealers haven't been made aware of November production faults that are headed their way... Poor form!
30-01-2013 05:40am
rigs

Yeah, they deny knowing anything about it, but I do find that hard to believe. I'll see how next week turns out. I must say the service thus far has been excellent, so I'm hoping that will continue in regard to the 'harder stuff' to deal with.

30-01-2013 06:40am
SebM

Congrats !

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
30-01-2013 07:40am
scrannel

(30-01-2013 07:40am)SebM Wrote:  Congrats !

Your car looks great. (But what is this quarter panel issue? November build? Mine's an early October, looks fine.)

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
30-01-2013 02:12pm
SG

Car looks great, especially with the Perth skyline. I went to uni in Perth so I know it well.

I know there is a luxury car tax in Australia, but I still can't believe how much extra they charge in Perth...someone somewhere is making a killing...probably Barbagallo.
31-01-2013 09:46pm