Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NOT GOOD ENOUGH
FFRR

RE: NOT GOOD ENOUGH

hybris,

I appreciate your concerns. I have come from a series of around 6 BMWs ranging from X5s to M5s. Unfortunately I noticed that BMW gave very little care towards their customers towards the end. Myself in particular had serious problems with a 335i Convertible to do with the braking system which BMW failed to accept was a design issue. I felt no loyalty from BMW. I wanted to 'step up' a class of vehicle and I went for my Range Rover TDV8 4.4 Autobiography. The difference in vehicle quality is outstanding. The build quality of the Range Rover isn't quite near the German standards but the amount of equipment you get as 'standard' is amazing in comparison. This is one of the main benefits of buying a Range Rover product. Even on the 'Pure' Evoque, I believe you get equipment that you wouldn't see on a standard German product.

However, I have noticed stupid niggles with my Range Rover that I know I would never have seen with BMW. Loose trim etc, knocking noises, wobbly bits. Also had battery issues that are now sorted.

In short, I am more satisfied with my Range Rover than any BMW I have owned in the past. It's a much more practical vehicle, it's much more luxurious, and the interior build quality surpasses any BMW in terms of leather, materials, technology etc (sat nav is like chalk and cheese compared to BMW). A full leather interior is something that came as 'Standard' on my vehicle, including roof lining, door cards, all facia etc. This isn't even an option on an 'equivalent' BMW.

In short, I'd stick with Land Rover in the long term, but I'd have avoided any 'new' vehicle like the plague. There will be issues and subsequently spec will change. If it were me, I'd cancel the order and wait until things bed down later next year. The 2010MY Range Rover product suffered major issues due to the new technology and wiring, and this was just a facelift, let alone a new model completely.
20-10-2011 03:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BOBM4N

Now confirmed that the new member of the family will NOT be with us for Christmas....

Crying

Very annoyed.

Finally Arrived 06/02/12 Very Happy :

Dynamic SD4 Auto - Fuji White/Vortex, Pan Roof, Privacy
20-10-2011 03:04pm
Urban Splash

You are in my Club! Yey!

It's a rubbish club

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
20-10-2011 03:12pm
Daigriff

(20-10-2011 02:46pm)hybris Wrote:  I did put an order with my dealer in September. November build.

Truly very close to cancel.

With all due respect Hybris that was very ambitious. Some of us paid deposits over a year ago and ordered in April, my delivery is apparently now mid December. If you did get your car before me id be pretty pissed tbh.

Why don't you take some deep breaths and decide if you really want an Evoque...as I would wager That if it's not showing on vista you won't see one before end of January.

There's always the 5 seriesWhistle

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
20-10-2011 03:29pm
Urban Splash

I agree. If your order is not on Vista yet, doubt you will get a car before March.... That was my understanding anyway.

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
20-10-2011 03:44pm
hybris

Remember I had a November build slot verified by my dealer. So its all about slots not when you put your order at the dealer or when you pay your deposit. No relation at all with that! So there is no queue based on when you put your order at your dealer. Each dealer get a number of build slots per month. If you put an order at a very popular dealer you could get way late delivery. Works the same with all cars as far as I know. As one example: I was looking for a 1M Coupe. Sold out. But it was actually easy to find dealers in Sweden that still had unsold slots. I think that your dealer can ask for more slots but many probably never did as they where not expecting delivery issues like the current ones. I guess they commit to "x" cars per month or similar. The system is there to get cars out to all parts of the channel. If they didn't do it they would kill the channel.

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
(This post was last modified: 20-10-2011 09:46pm by hybris.)
20-10-2011 05:36pm
KPNuts

(20-10-2011 03:29pm)Daigriff Wrote:  With all due respect Hybris that was very ambitious. Some of us paid deposits over a year ago and ordered in April, my delivery is apparently now mid December. If you did get your car before me id be pretty pissed tbh.

We didn't order until Sept 12th and were initially given a late December date which then came forward to late November. Do not know what the latest date will be as we are still waiting to get the call following the memo to dealers. Time between ordering and build seems to be very much dependent on how dealers are processing orders and how many slots they had already "booked" in advance of confirmed orders.

Apart from wanting it ASAP, our only problem is we are going to have to get new tyres for the Saab if it is going to go through another winter.

SD4 Coupe Prestige, Orkney Grey, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Dipping RVM
Ordered: 12/09/11 Collected 22/12/11
Supporting Macmillan Cancer Support in Mac 4x4 Challenge
20-10-2011 05:46pm
hybris

BTW interesting on the sat nav! I tested the one in the Evoque and its terrible! Did not order it as its one of the worst Sat navs I have ever tried in a car. Wink I assume its a very different satnav in the RR Sport as you says its so good! Wink

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
(This post was last modified: 20-10-2011 09:48pm by hybris.)
20-10-2011 05:51pm
FFRR

Leather, multifunction steering wheel, rear camera, touchscreen audio.

Leather on equivalent BMWs is around a £1000 option.

Full postcode entry on my system sets it miles apart from any BMW I've had! That and it being touchscreen. Avoid stupid iDrive like the plague!
20-10-2011 08:12pm
rchrdleigh

It is pretty obvious to me that the standard specs for vehicles in the UK and Europe differ considerably as it would appear does the price. The BMW 320 I had in Germany was so basic I almost had to pay extra for indicators and it was the first car I had with stop/start - only problem was it wasn't meant to but it just liked to switch off whenever I stopped at traffic lights.

Judging by comments in the motoring press there aren't many better cars than the Evoque in the same price range and certainly at a comparison event I attended it was miles better than both Audis, BMW and Mercedes it was up against.
20-10-2011 08:20pm