Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NOT GOOD ENOUGH
hybris

RE: NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Getting into a bad mood around my delivery. So sorry if my answers sounds annoyed today. I am! Wink If I cancel my order I will let you know and leave the forum. Loads of great and very helpful people here! Want to thank you all for all answers and feedback so far.

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
19-10-2011 08:29pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FFRR

What does anyone actually expect? It's Land Rover! It's also a new product that with all the planning in the world would have issues. I hope reliability is good on the Evoque!

Land Rover seem to have provided unrealistic delivery dates though....they didn't make any allowances for downtime it would appear.
19-10-2011 08:36pm
caroline11000

(19-10-2011 08:01pm)alibeau Wrote:  
(19-10-2011 07:57pm)caroline11000 Wrote:  Mine is due to go into build at the end of next week. Not heard from my dealer in the last 2 weeks, I'm just waiting for the phone call now like many of you have had Sad

Bear in mind that my update was prompted by me sending an email last night so I will never know if I would have received an update today if I hadn't chased them.......

You hang in there, sometimes no news can be good news Wink

Good luck!

I have just e-mailed my dealer........... so watch this space!

Ali.
(19-10-2011 07:38pm)hybris Wrote:  Get real tires. The evoque will not be better than your X5 in the snow.

I won't be buying winter tyres for my X5 as I will only have it another few months and I can use my husband's RRS if necessary which is great in the snow and ice. I was hoping that the Evoque would be as good as hubby's RRS?! He has 20" 'standard summer tyres' but he got through all the snow and ice of the past few years with absolutely no problems......Thumbs Up

Ali.

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
19-10-2011 08:39pm
lulu101

(19-10-2011 07:57pm)caroline11000 Wrote:  Mine is due to go into build at the end of next week. Not heard from my dealer in the last 2 weeks, I'm just waiting for the phone call now like many of you have had Sad

Hope it is still on time for you Exclamation I am still waiting for a build date Sad

Delivered , Pure 5 door in fuji , SD4 Auto, 19" style 4 sparkle wheels, almond/espresso interior, tech pack, xenon headlights, fog lamps, rear camera, park assist, folding mirrors and mats, and last minute addition of Privacy Glass Very Happy
19-10-2011 08:42pm
rchrdleigh

(19-10-2011 07:38pm)hybris Wrote:  Get real tires. The evoque will not be better than your X5 in the snow.

Based on how poor the majority of X5's were in the snow we had in UK last winter and how good Freelander 2 was then I'd hazard a guess that the Evoque will be better than an X5 in snow. That is assuming that both cars are running on whatever tyre the manufacturer deemed to fit which in the UK is more than likely to be a summer or possibly all season tyre.

There is still a reluctance in the UK to fit winter tyres although after the last 2 winters there is a move towards doing so.

Hybris - if your order has not been laid with the factory yet are you sure that the Land Rover importer in Sweden has a build slot in which to place your order or is he stringing you along? Just a thought.
19-10-2011 08:51pm
caroline11000

(19-10-2011 08:42pm)lulu101 Wrote:  

Hope it is still on time for you Exclamation I am still waiting for a build date Sad
Thanks Lulu. I thought you would have had a build date by now?

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
19-10-2011 09:13pm
The Valeter

I would have thought it should be given it is based on the Freelander workings & mine laughed at BMW's last winter! If that is the case we may as well all buy the eD4 model.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
19-10-2011 09:18pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hybris

@rchrdleigh: That is my thought also. I have written to Lander Rover in the UK to see if they can check this out. If my dealer and importer is BS me around I will explode big time!

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
20-10-2011 06:12am
hybris

I did put an order with my dealer. November build. Then the delays. The importer and dealer says I have no Vista slot as they have not been able to put the order in "Vista/to the factory". Im starting to wonder if they have used their slots for pure cars without xenon or similar? Anyone have an idea how this work? The importer and their dealers get new build slots? Do they get fred for ordered cars in anyway?

Get a bad feeling that they are BS me!

Anyone with real insight please ping me! I will be very grateful!

(This post was last modified: 20-10-2011 09:40pm by hybris.)
20-10-2011 02:46pm
vision*R

Hybris, I have the same bad feeling as you. My dealer hasn't put my order into Vista yet (hence no build date or anything), but nevertheless he claims I will definitely get a November / December build slot. It seems European orders are handled differently from UK orders? I understand the dealership has "reserved" slots which they fill in later on? I have no clue why they do this (as it causes a lot of uncertainty, if the build slot is reserved, why not tell me which one it is?), but nothing much we can do about it, right?

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
(This post was last modified: 20-10-2011 02:57pm by vision*R.)
20-10-2011 02:54pm