Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NOT GOOD ENOUGH
bell-auto-services

RE: NOT GOOD ENOUGH

It is interesting like you say mark_n that most have not had a phone call from the dealer stating a problem in delivery dates. If it were not for this forum i think many would not be any wiser untill the car did not turn up on the expected day.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 19-10-2011 05:45pm by bell-auto-services.)
18-10-2011 08:48pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

Well, a loaner will help...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 18-10-2011 09:24pm by mark_n.)
18-10-2011 08:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Token

(18-10-2011 01:02pm)mark_n Wrote:  Token, I assume you are buying from our friends in Staverton? In that case, don't assume that just because you haven't heard anything, the car is still on time.

Hi Mark

Yep... Buying from Staverton. I have to say that although I don't feel I'm getting a premium service with them (namely that it's always me contacting them rather than the other way around) I'm not getting a bad service, which surprises me because the service I got when I had my RR servicing with them before was terrible.

I'm still anticipating a delay based on the experience of others on here but for now, everything appears to be on track and they confirmed to me last week that my car had gone into build.

I don't like defending poor service but I have been in the shoes of a dealer before (albeit in a different industry) and it can be a pretty terrible job at times, having to give bad news but also not having enough detail to appease the customer, whilst also not being allowed to be in anyway critical of the brand.

We should also remember that dealerships and salesman have to make a living, and right now, it's possible they are in an even worse position than us as they may have made financial commitments based on delivery dates (and therefore commission payments) that they believed to be accurate at the time.

There you go...my moment of weakness and some good spirited generosity based on my assumption that everyone wants to do a good job and they are probably doing their best!

Now just wait for my change of heart when my car is eventually delayed !!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
19-10-2011 09:27am
RacingSnake

I dont actually know if I am affected by the delays, as my date is way out.
However, I'm always up for freebies as compo for my mental anguish Very Happy

I also havent had that email either.
19-10-2011 06:16pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Urban Splash

Great,

Delivery was supposed to be first week in December, then 23rd Dec, then 28th Dec, now.......................end of January.

Fanbloodytastic. Really vexed.

Dealer is not offering any sort of loaner car. Compensation is possible, but it will be a pittance. Over £40k worth of car and they give you a few quid.

Im gonna look around.....maybe call around a few other dealers.

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
19-10-2011 06:30pm
hybris

I talked to the importer an they said that my order has not been laid in the factory! I have asked about Vista but no info yet. What does the "not been laid in the factory" mean? Anyone knows? If they don't have a real slot or this is some BS I will cancel and scream really loud about this experience!

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
19-10-2011 06:41pm
alibeau

Had 'the call' this afternoon but missed it! So my dealer followed it up with an email, delivery has slipped from the 17th of November to 'December' but not guaranteed at this point. He has promised to keep an eye on things and keep me updated.

I am disappointed but as I am planning to part-ex it is not causing me any great bother. It is what it is, out of my control, just hoping the snow stays away as my X5 is cr*p in the snow!

Ali.
19-10-2011 07:33pm
hybris

Get real tires.

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
(This post was last modified: 20-10-2011 09:38pm by hybris.)
19-10-2011 07:38pm
caroline11000

Mine is due to go into build at the end of next week. Not heard from my dealer in the last 2 weeks, I'm just waiting for the phone call now like many of you have had Sad

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
19-10-2011 07:57pm
alibeau

(19-10-2011 07:57pm)caroline11000 Wrote:  Mine is due to go into build at the end of next week. Not heard from my dealer in the last 2 weeks, I'm just waiting for the phone call now like many of you have had Sad

Bear in mind that my update was prompted by me sending an email last night so I will never know if I would have received an update today if I hadn't chased them.......

You hang in there, sometimes no news can be good news Wink

Good luck!

Ali.
(19-10-2011 07:38pm)hybris Wrote:  Get real tires. The evoque will not be better than your X5 in the snow.

I won't be buying winter tyres for my X5 as I will only have it another few months and I can use my husband's RRS if necessary which is great in the snow and ice. I was hoping that the Evoque would be as good as hubby's RRS?! He has 20" 'standard summer tyres' but he got through all the snow and ice of the past few years with absolutely no problems......Thumbs Up

Ali.
(This post was last modified: 19-10-2011 08:14pm by alibeau.)
19-10-2011 08:01pm