Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Dynamic has been put back a month!
KPNuts

RE: My Dynamic has been put back a month!

Its not just LR.

When I ordered my Tiguan (the Evoque is replacing a Saab Convertible), again just after it went on sale in the UK the myTiguan forum was full of exactly the same discussion. VW were telling people 16 weeks from ordering but numerous people were having to wait far in excess of that. It was even worse if you ordered an Auto as they decided not to build autos for about the first 6-9 months even though they had taken orders for them. I was however very fortunate as for some reason my manual Escape came in 9 weeks. The dealer was absolutely amazed and had to double check with the factory that it was correct - there must have been a cancelled order with the right spec going down the line.

When we got our 110 utility last year we were quoted 3 months for a factory order, so even well established vehicles have long build times. We picked up a cancelled screwed up order (which happened to have the right spec for us (once we retro fitted air con)) at a cracking price in 10 days instead as it was a dealer error that they needed to sort out.

So, in my experience early adopters get sc***ed by all manufacturers if you happen to pick the spec that they didn't think anyone would want!

SD4 Coupe Prestige, Orkney Grey, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Dipping RVM
Ordered: 12/09/11 Collected 22/12/11
Supporting Macmillan Cancer Support in Mac 4x4 Challenge
05-10-2011 09:31am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Token

(05-10-2011 08:28am)defender_uk Wrote:  
(04-10-2011 11:50pm)Token Wrote:  I feel bad for those who's orders have been delayed but this who,e experience is all part of being an early adopter. In the case of the Evoque, the marketing team have just been too good!!

Sorry Token....I could not disagree more! This is not part of the 'experience' of being an early adopter. This is a shambles and utter disgrace. This is the fourth 'early adoption' for me from LR...and this is the worst by far. You don't hear of such chronic incompetence from other major manufacturers....

I don't hear of other manufacturers, you're right...but, then again if I hadn't ordered an Evoque I wouldn't have heard about the Evoque issues...so maybe it goes on elsewhere, maybe it doesn't. What I do know, is that early adoption in every other industry I've experienced has been a troublesome experience. The reality is, that whilst testing of both product and the production line will have been extensive, it is rarely viable to test real life production (in terms of process related to scale) and as such, there is a high risk that things will go wrong.

The things that have caused problems as far as I'm aware are Paint issues (which were due to a natural disaster) and now xenons...I can only assume that Some pretty clever people had done their research and looked at industry trends and averages when predicting how many people would order xenons...and clearly Evoque buyers have bucked previous trends which has caused LR an unexpected headache. This is the kind of thing that happens and can't always be predicted.

Land Rover took a major risk by making the Evoque such a configurable car, this is now biting them...and yet I remain glad that there are so many options and configurations...and most on this forum have historically wanted it to be even more configurable (I.e. Leather topper on the Dynamic).

It may well be that other manufacturers deal with multiple configurations better, but this is new territory for Land Rover, so hardly a surprise that they are being caught out.

The Evoque is not just a new model, it is a new concept and the marketing is different to any car preciously as well...so pretty impossible to predict demand...the thread I started about the competition for the Evoque demonstrates that the Evoque is appealing to all markets except perhaps the luxury saloon and supercar markets...so it is demand cannot be predicted.

Despite this being 'just a car' it is like Apple trying to predict iPad sales...which they got spectacularly wrong by the way.

However, the Dealerships still have a lot To answer for and have no excuses in my book. I continue to put everything else down to genuine early adoption.

Maybe I'm being too kind...but that is not normally my style so it feels unlikely!!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
05-10-2011 10:04am
ajmooseman

Just checked mine still showing 4th November, actually spoke with my sale lad who said they are still expecting it before the end of the month.
05-10-2011 11:19am
scottie99

Am I being naive to assume that if my car which is due on 24 November is delayed, say 4 weeks,( salesman keeps telling he has no word on delays, but I have no great confidence in him, especially after reading all the posts on here about xenon delays, which I have ordered) that I can cancel and get my £1000 deposit paid back in full.

I want this car BEFORE the worse of the winter is here!
05-10-2011 12:12pm
Rehan

(05-10-2011 12:12pm)scottie99 Wrote:  Am I being naive to assume that if my car which is due on 24 November is delayed, say 4 weeks,( salesman keeps telling he has no word on delays, but I have no great confidence in him, especially after reading all the posts on here about xenon delays, which I have ordered) that I can cancel and get my £1000 deposit paid back in full.

I want this car BEFORE the worse of the winter is here!

I think Realistically most orders will/have been delayed by 4 weeks. My build date is 14th october, Im awaiting the call from the dealer though as i expect it to be delayed.

The bad winters was one of the reasons i ordered it, so if i gets delayed by months, i may cancel
05-10-2011 12:27pm
gomark

Just got off the phone to my dealer Stratstones in Mayfair. Put back 4 weeks from 2nd November to early December. Having a crap day Sad

Apparently this is affecting every one of their orders bar 2. All the sales reps are depressed as it has affected the whole teams targets.

05-10-2011 02:19pm
bluebear

(05-10-2011 11:19am)ajmooseman Wrote:  Just checked mine still showing 4th November, actually spoke with my sale lad who said they are still expecting it before the end of the month.

That's good news (hopefully!) as your dealer is the same as mine and I have been told the same

Collected - Pure Coupe SD4 Tech Auto, fuji with Almond/Expresso interior. Style 5 19" alloys, panoramic roof, xenons, privacy glass, electric adjustment exterior mirrors, rear camera, park assist, fog lamps, spare wheel
05-10-2011 03:03pm
Tekno
Banned

This is great news for those of us who already have our cars - will keep the evoque rarer for longer!
05-10-2011 03:09pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

And the values up for longer!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
05-10-2011 03:12pm
defender_uk

[/quote]

It may well be that other manufacturers deal with multiple configurations better, but this is new territory for Land Rover, so hardly a surprise that they are being caught out.

[/quote]

Actually, configurability is not new for LR. LR proper (Series & Defender) have always been configurable, less so now, but still able. I accept this is a major form of it, but still...they are clever people paid lots of money, to make a such a mess.

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
05-10-2011 03:32pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply