Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mis-fuelled my Diesel
Jules2012

RE: Mis-fuelled my Diesel

(17-05-2012 04:32pm)cjfp Wrote:  http://www.stopdieselmisfuelling.co.uk/f...l-filler/0

http://www.misfuellingprevention.co.uk/about.asp

Thank you, I think I will be ordering one of those!! Although I think I will be triple checking the fuel pump! I don't think I put the nozzle in hard, I am going to ask the dealer why it malfunctioned, v annoying when it has something that is supposed to prevent this happening.

The insurance wanted it to go to an approved dealer but I have paid an excess for it go to Landrover as I don't want someone messing it up more.
18-05-2012 12:36pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
turbotaz

Well, I was similarly freaking out after my wife misfueled our TD4, especially after reading this thread. More so when I found out our insurance doesn't cover this.

My wife drove the car 2 miles from the station to a store, then it didn't start and she realized the problem. The local dealer's price to fix it (in EUR), including a new filter, Fuel Guard additive, recycling old fuel, and a new tank of fuel was 425. All seems fine. Still sucks, but surely beats some of other estimates on this thread.

I did a ton research while waiting for the shop to get back to me, and I found this page and the links to articles on it really informative: http://www.fuelfixer.co.uk/wrong-fuelpet...esel-faqs.

Hope this helps others should the unfortunate happen.
11-01-2013 06:31pm
dondon

i did it once when i was abroad (Croatia) and I can't remember if the pomps look the same. I manage to miss fuel the tank with ~4 liters of petrol instead of diesel and I stop, when I saw I rush to the cashier and ask him if he can help me to empty the tank. after we spoke the "hands" language, some of the customers help me with translation and he said to fill up the tank (40 l) with diesel and will be OK, hated but he was wright.
12-01-2013 11:29am
stunt

Wife did this in a C class Merc. Proceeded to drive home about 2Km wherby the car broke down.

Cost her insurers £6k+.

Mecedes recovered it and new what had gone on . Had us by the short and curly's to keep the warranty valid.

Id just get the tank drained and fuels system beld through and say nowt. you will be fine.

Fuji SD4 Dynamic. Coupe. Manual, Privacy
15-01-2013 07:05pm
onionbobo

Is there any misfuel device that works in Australia for Evoque diesel?

I'm not sure if diesel pump head is the same across the globe. Could someone confirm?
31-01-2013 10:34am
scrannel

(31-01-2013 10:34am)onionbobo Wrote:  Is there any misfuel device that works in Australia for Evoque diesel?

I'm not sure if diesel pump head is the same across the globe. Could someone confirm?

Usually in the States, though you can still screw up, as soon as you lift a diesel nozzle you can tell the difference. Here most gasoline pumps have a device that forms a seal as you pump to keep fumes out of the atmosphere. Diesel pumps don't have this. So it weighs less in your hand and doesn't look like an elephant. Generally.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
02-02-2013 08:53pm