Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Meridian 11 Speakers - can't find subwoofer
bangsters

Meridian 11 Speakers - can't find subwoofer

Hey. Anyone got Pure Plus here that can take a snapshot of the subwoofer under the front passenger seat? I believe for the 11 speaker setup, the subwoofer is under the front passenger seat, but when I checked under the seat I can't seem to find any speaker. It's a subwoofer so I'm expecting something a bit bigger than the other speakers and should be visible from underneath.

Can someone post a pic please or some clarification.

Thanks!!

---

Also, on a side note, the 825W systems supposedly has 17 speakers. But from the diagram on Meridian's website, I only count 14 lol....

https://www.meridian-audio.com/en/automo...nd-system/

2014 Ipanema Sand Pure Plus. Mods to follow....
Images hosted on PixelsBin
(This post was last modified: 21-09-2014 07:01pm by bangsters.)
21-09-2014 06:27pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kugaman1

RE: Meridian 11 Speakers - can't find subwoofer

Cant you put a really bassy track on the CD and go hunting for it!!
24-09-2014 08:26am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bangsters

That's actually what I did. Yes it is indeed under the front passenger seat. Although not directly under the seat but more under the carpet. Lol looks like the subwoofer is not that big as well as the speaker was not much bigger and was able to site flush with the floor.

24-09-2014 04:04pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BigFoot

I also, have not been able to find a subwoofer and do not hear low frequencies coming from under the driver's seat. Further I tried a test. With the Bass/Treble/Subwoofer controls turn the Bass and the Treble all the way down, and the Subwoofer all the way up. I hear no Subwoofer, no low tones. This absence of subwoofer is found in Off, Meridian, and Dolby modes. Is this the expected response?

While doing this I also tried adjusting audio center position farther back than the default as I am tall and have the seat as far back as it will go. The sound SERIOUSLY degrades in frequency response the farther back it is positioned. Do others also experience this.

Okney Gray, black chrome Jaguar wheels, premium sound, black interior
03-10-2014 03:07am
bangsters

What trim level do you have? I believe the audio is either 11 speakers or 17 speakers (although counting the speakers in meridian's diagram doesn't yield me 17 but just 13 lol). But I read on some posts that the basic trim, or maybe 2013/2013, the speakers could be 8 speakers. Not sure about this, just read it somewhere so please correct me if i'm mistaken.

For the 11 and 17 speaker systems, the subwoofer is under the carpet under the front passenger. There is a plastic snorkel type thing extending to the back that you'll see if you look under the seat of the front passenger, from the rear passenger

03-10-2014 03:16pm
DVFlyer

My guess is the 17 speaker system counts two speakers in the center channel (tweeter and midrange) and two for each rear speaker. So... 3 fronts on each side (6), two for the center, two for each rear seat (4), two each for very rear (4) plus sub. 17 speakers.

Just a guess though.

2014 Zanzibar Pure Premium. Black roof, black wheels, black interior.
04-10-2014 05:39pm