Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Macrae & Dick Land Rover, Inverness
colski1961

Macrae & Dick Land Rover, Inverness

Ordered my Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Pack auto in Firenze with Verve interior from Macrae & Dick in Inverness in early November, delivery due 1st March 2012 (apparently on a transporter as we speak).

We dropped in on a whim, having previously discounted the Evoque in favour of a VW Amarok Pickup (BIG mistake!). No pressure sell and no issues to take the Evoque out for an extended test drive, we placed the order on return Smile

We were given a voucher for the Off Road Experience - which we took up and travelled down to Perth to complete - brilliant, if you haven't done it then you should, really helped me to understand the capabilities of the Evoque (it's much more of a Land Rover than you would think!).

Dealer couldn't have been more helpful (and I've been a right pain) he let us borrow one of their demo Evoque (one of which was straight off the transporter!) for a couple of weekends, firstly to give it an extended test (drive to Aberdeen - 220 miles round trip) and then secondly to prepare the space we'd need in our garage (OK, any excuse!) both involved the use of the Evoque over a weekend with no issues or problems. Brilliant service so far and can't praise the salesman (Iain Campbell) highly enough.

I'm hoping that the ownership experience will match the pre-ownership experience but, at this stage, I'd highly recommend Iain and Macrae & Dick to anyone in the Highlands.

Cheers, Colin
14-02-2012 11:05am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Straydox

RE: Macrae & Dick Land Rover, Inverness

I remember being there installing a dealer management computer system there nearly 25 years ago - they were wonderful people then tooVery Happy

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
14-02-2012 11:56am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

They have always been held in high regard, they have a Ford franchise in Stirling that my father always reckoned were first rate too, until he changed brands to Honda. Now he has nothing good to say about the Honda dealers who he rates as a bunch of cowboys!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 14-02-2012 12:38pm by XFullFatTim.)
14-02-2012 12:35pm
David Cameron

Well I had my problems with them. Ever had a new car handed over with bits dropped off and on the floor pan at customer hand over? I could go on and on. Eventually, a mega blow out later, everything is rosy in the garden.
16-06-2012 05:11pm
lesdon499

I bought mine from them and had a first rate experience. Extended test drive, no hassle, great service and delivered on the nose. Smile

Dynamic SD4 unbadged
Fuji White
Style 6 wheels
Panoramic roof
MassiveVery Happy
04-02-2013 08:55pm
xz4

I dealt with Iain Campbell in 2014 when my partner got her Evoque. A real gentleman to deal with and the Most pleasurable car buying experience i've ever had. Emailed him recently but email got retuned as not known. He must have gone elswhere now.

MY16 HSE Dynamic Lux, Indus Silver, Black Leather, Black Pack, Head up display, Self park pack, 22" Overfinch wheels. Love it
(This post was last modified: 15-07-2016 06:50pm by xz4.)
15-07-2016 06:50pm
Power14

I also dealt with Iain Campbell, when I purchased our Evoque in 2012, as you mentioned, he was a real gent.
I tried to contact him, to let him know that I sold our vehicle, and got no reply.
Did read that the franchise had been taken over, but the MacRae & Dick name remained.

Pure, TD4 Coupe (Tech Pack) Since Sept 2012. (Sold May 16)
16-07-2016 08:42am
xz4

McRae and Dick as a whole were sort of bought over I heard. Someone now owns about 60% I think it is. Parks of Hamilton springs to mind but I might be wrong.

MY16 HSE Dynamic Lux, Indus Silver, Black Leather, Black Pack, Head up display, Self park pack, 22" Overfinch wheels. Love it
16-07-2016 09:56am