Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Live TV in your Evoque?
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Live TV in your Evoque?

There are two transparent TFT screens overlaid but angled, one toward the driver, one toward the passenger. The drivers screen will automatically revert to TV when the speed drops below walking pace too! When above walking speed the drivers still hears the tv audio, just cannot see the picture. It's also quite old technology developed by Jaguar.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-06-2012 01:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tony_T

I first heard of this technology in 2005 from SHARP, and I've been wanting it since. So when I saw the Evoque would have it along with RSE, I was over the moon...all the moons around Pluto that is. Then LR South Africa decided not to even offer the feature as an optional extra, yet its standard on FFRR. I've been begging them since launch to include it, I even told them I'll pay double the UK price and they basically told me to "F" off.
25-06-2012 05:21pm
rvakia

Live broadcast digital TV in North America will probably never happen, and even if it does, in my opinion, will take at least 5 years before it can catch up. The reason for that is because for some idiotic reason, the FCC adopted a TV standard that is inferior to Europe's. The Evoque's optional package in Europe uses a DVB receiver which is only available in Europe or some countries in Asia. US is still in the process of adopting a mobile digital TV standard. This is the main reason why mobile DTV is not possible in any car in North America.
26-06-2012 02:53pm