Should be simplified before sending to LR
Issues should be voted on individually before sending to LR
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Letter of suggestions to LR
PhilSkill

RE: Letter of suggestions to LR

I wondered what had happened olde! It's a shame but sadly i'm not totally surprised!

I think LR have missed a trick, if they can't take that suggestion list as a blue sky thinking set of ideas from a selection of it's customers. Obviously we don't know what legal, production, cost and marketing constraints LR have to perform to to make a car, so many to most of the ideas would never be practical, but they were the ideas of LR's individual customers, a damn shame they can't even fob you off nicely with a thanks for your opinions (while they drop it in the bin).

They need to wake up to their up and coming potential customers which are now are all internet savvy, otherwise they really are on the road to doom as the next generation of customers probably will want to order the damn thing online and have it delivered to their door...

I imagine while they were all patting themselves on the back for doing such a good job and how the moneys now rolling in, they suddenly receive a list of improvements, and they've taken it as a "you could've done better" and gone into a sulk thinking what do "they" know about cars, well we're the customers and that list was what we know we think we'd like out of our cars, other manufacturers may digest and look at their developments plans and see how some of it fits... wifi, free updates, Which car will we buy next?

The thing they seem to really miss for me is the fact my Computer, Phone, TV, Music system, Playstation, Tablet, Camera all update themselves for free, and yet my Car that costs way more than them all and has most of these devices built in, plus more like NAV, doesn't. And what keeps you happy with your purchase is it working for you and improving through your ownership, then you buy again rather than look elsewhere... NAV updates could be free, why will My Evoque not do POI while others will, why cant I trace my route while others can... that annoys me, and will be considered when I come to replace it. Ok I don't want to get in it and it says downloading update please wait... but a dealer upgrade at service should be offered.

I begin to see how LR have been owned (saved) by Ford, BMW, TATA, when they have a product that should knock other for six. Wise up and wake up to the modern age LR or... Yes exactly Jitenc... Kodak springs to mind, great products with poor management that time left behind.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
07-03-2013 10:10pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jitenc

I begin to see how LR have been owned (saved) by Ford, BMW, TATA, when they have a product that should knock other for six. Wise up and wake up to the modern age LR or... Yes exactly Jitenc... Kodak springs to mind, great products with poor management that time left behind......

Quote from the latest Autospies report for the Geneva Motor Show:

"Investing in innovation has always been the lifeblood of our business and our engineering teams are working hard to develop innovative new technology to provide sustainable motoring solutions," said John Edwards, Land Rover Global Brand Director Shocked

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2013 02:54pm by jitenc.)
08-03-2013 02:53pm
olde

PhilSkill and Jitenc, I feel bad that you guys put such effort into trying to help Land Rover, only to be gracelessly dismissed because of Land Rover's paranoia about being sued.

Not to overstate the key point here folks, but...

Should we do a poll to find out if anyone else has been able to cause a sudden, unplanned deceleration, merely by accidentally pressing a suspension mode button?

By doing this, I jammed my engine, just as I was pulling away at a traffic light. I almost got rear-ended in the process. Who is liable if accidents or deaths are caused?

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
11-03-2013 06:42am
rchrdleigh

Never heard of anyone having sudden unplanned deceleration by accidentally pressing a suspension mode button, but then again haven't come across a suspension mode button in an Evoque, unless you're on about the Terrain Response Dynamic setting. Can't see how it can cause unplanned deceleration unless you do something else at the same time?
11-03-2013 03:44pm
olde

(11-03-2013 03:44pm)rchrdleigh Wrote:  Never heard of anyone having sudden unplanned deceleration by accidentally pressing a suspension mode button, but then again haven't come across a suspension mode button in an Evoque, unless you're on about the Terrain Response Dynamic setting. Can't see how it can cause unplanned deceleration unless you do something else at the same time?

Here's a typical scenario: Start to accelerate from stopped, then hit one of the two buttons that change the suspension mode setting, (OK, yes, I do mean the Terrain Response Dynamic setting button). This alone causes the engine to suddenly change revs, and the car slows down suddenly and without warning.

Please try this scenario on your own vehicle and let us know if you experience the same thing. If it is systemic to all Evoques, do you think it is a severe enough problem to endanger drivers, and thus perhaps warrant a seriously expensive product recall?

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
01-04-2013 03:59am
DaveR

Re: Letter of suggestions to LR

Under what circumstances are we expecting that scenario to occur in the real world?
01-04-2013 12:44pm
window

I will hopefully be collecting my new Evoque shortly after the "engine harness" recall/check.
It is some time since the "Comprehensive" petition to LR was produced. Looks like a lot of effort was put in to create it!!! Has anybody [or can anybody] produce a checklist of items on the original 2012 document that has been introduced up to the present MY16 model?

Evoque HSE Dynamic Firenze Red
14-11-2015 08:24pm
window

The overall topic of a letter suggestion to JLR should be " Get your act together!"

I have lost all faith with the Evoque and JLR.

I have had/are having numerous problems. I cannot come to an amicable agreement with JLR via their dealer. JLR want me to just grin and bare owning a vehicle that is not of satisfactory quality, is not fit for purpose nor is as described. What else can I do!!!

.jpg  Magnetic sign low resolution.jpg (Size: 348.05 KB / Downloads: 14)

.jpg  Magnetic sign close up low resolution.jpg (Size: 327.58 KB / Downloads: 11)

See also Youtube https://youtu.be/12t8gDEASGI

Evoque HSE Dynamic Firenze Red
09-03-2017 06:14pm
PhilSkill

window's gone to the press!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...Rover.html

Be good to know if it helps...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
16-03-2017 05:32pm