Should be simplified before sending to LR
Issues should be voted on individually before sending to LR
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Letter of suggestions to LR
PhilSkill

RE: Letter of suggestions to LR

Although the poll shows clearly that we should send the document as is, My feeling is if enough people agree to remove some of the ridiculous ones, we should, you're not the first person to mention it J77 (not even in the last 24 hours), and I agree, but since it's a group effort I don't feel justified to remove an item just because I don't like it or agee with it (Admittedly I have removed a few way off the wall items!!!)

If you want to list some you feel should be removed, and we get some other support and/or rejections I can remove or at least move these to a "special" section of the document.

I want to complete an update to the document fairly soon, as olde is kindly waiting on me, focussed time is sadly hard to come by...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
29-05-2012 05:45pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jitenc

Think you should now make the list FYEO...won't want some other car companies pinching the suggestions and copying them for their own good!
To PhilSkil,
I feel since you have compiled the list you should sort it out in YOUR preferences, obviously stating these were forum members suggestions.

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
(This post was last modified: 29-05-2012 08:02pm by jitenc.)
29-05-2012 08:01pm
J77

Was maybe a bit unfair to say most were ridiculous but definatley the one about mudflaps that deploy above a certain speed and the need for more cup holders. I don't have sat nav or rear view camera so can't comment on those, but the main one for me is build quality.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
29-05-2012 10:36pm
PhilSkill

Please find the latest offering, this is the candidate for olde to send to LR so please respond quickly with any errors/omissions/last requests.

.doc  20120529 BABYRR Request List Mods V4.doc (Size: 91 KB / Downloads: 9)

Yes active deploying mudflaps... I couldn't include this, it did make me chuckle, Even James Bond never had those!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
29-05-2012 11:25pm
QUEEVO

Letter of suggestions to LR

Firstly thanks so much for your efforts and for the contributions of others.... Secondly, I think you may use best-judgement and would suggest that individuals may also draft something to LR.

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
29-05-2012 11:30pm
evoquemayne

This is a list of a size that is so far from being taken seriously. We need to cut this down drastically to have any hope.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see 100% of that. But it's unrealistic. An example.

A USB drive supplying internet for the wireless transfer of MP3's and Web Browser. Please, we'll just get laughed at; the development cost of such a solution alone would be prohibitive, not to mention the fact that there are 100s of USB Dongles that all have different drivers.

And this is just one of many that show that this went from being a list of 'Suggested Improvements' to a 'fill your boots' wish list. It needs to be vetted.
(This post was last modified: 29-05-2012 11:33pm by evoquemayne.)
29-05-2012 11:32pm
PhilSkill

(29-05-2012 08:01pm)jitenc Wrote:  Think you should now make the list FYEO...won't want some other car companies pinching the suggestions and copying them for their own good!
To PhilSkil,
I feel since you have compiled the list you should sort it out in YOUR preferences, obviously stating these were forum members suggestions.

Hi jitenc, obviously my stance is imprinted into it anyway, so I dont feel the need to push my wishes further.

I love my music so have probably spent a bit more time thinking through ideas here than maybe other areas.

If LR choose to ignore its biggest true user base feedback then i'm happy if other car manufacturers do take note, we are after all the consumers and if we all get better products to choose from then thats good for us!
(29-05-2012 11:32pm)evoquemayne Wrote:  This is a list of a size that is so far from being taken seriously. We need to cut this down drastically to have any hope.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see 100% of that. But it's unrealistic. An example.

A USB drive supplying internet for the wireless transfer of MP3's and Web Browser. Please, we'll just get laughed at; the development cost of such a solution alone would be prohibitive, not to mention the fact that there are 100s of USB Dongles that all have different drivers.

And this is just one of many that show that this went from being a list of 'Suggested Improvements' to a 'fill your boots' wish list. It needs to be vetted.

Just realised I forgot to update the Contents Table! As I added a Security section!

I may add a "Blue Sky Thinking" section and move the more wild ideas into that, I dont think it'll be long before we see wifi enabled cars, but yes doing it via a USB plugin retro-fit device is not the way forward.

(This post was last modified: 30-05-2012 12:03am by PhilSkill.)
29-05-2012 11:49pm
evoquemayne

I really like that idea Phil.
30-05-2012 12:07am
olde

RE: Snuffling

How should the final release document be polished and delivered?... For example:

1. Should we re-post it as its own thread, asking for minor edits on the document?

2. Should we number the items to make it easier for editors to specify what they are editing?

3. Should we re-order the items by how easy we think they would be to do, or by how much they are wanted, or just leave them mixed?

4. Should we include thumbnail-size photo's in the document to help illustrate items?

5. Should we ake the document a public letter, or address it to only the executives Olde, PhilSkill, xFullFatTim, Andrew, Mark_n and others, have been in contact with?

6. Should we ask our membership at large whether we have anyone who can hand-deliver the document, and perhaps thereby create a meeting to discuss it?

Having moved The List into the Polls sections of this forum, it still gets thousands of hits per month but most of the input is being snuffled in from other threads. Such snuffling is made more difficult when we find the candidates are already well represented in The List. I apologize if we are creating any duplication or leaving anyone's ideas out.

Last minute suggestions:
1. Move rear view camera into rear-wiper assembly to improve rear view angles, and to allow lens better protection from dirty rain residue on its lower half.
2. Make the suspension mode switches less easy to hit by accident
3. Include a cavity under the middle rear seat, or under its head-restraint, in which toll-road transponder will fit, thus allowing the transponder a clear radio-path to overhead toll-transmitters (the glass/cloth roof is clear to radio, but the heated front windscreen attenuates the signal).
4. Put a USB port inside the footwell storage pass-through, allowing a tidier USB cable routing for dash mount devices.
5. Use non-distorting side-view mirrors.
6. Hinge restraint release on side doors, to allow them to open further when car is stationary.
7. Offer an expensive exernal-LED kit, for owners who wish to accent their road-presence.
8. Offer some unique cleaning tools, such as a lint-roller that is the same width as the felt door trims, and a vibrating ball-shaped pencil eraser to push together hairline surface-scuffs in the leather.
9. Offer a drivers seat in two sizes, regular and large.
10. Better tow-bar attachment so that tow bar can fold out of sight, and rear-bumper does not need to be notched out during installation.
11. Side cameras to be wider angle so that they show objects near to both wheels, not just the front wheels.

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2012 11:02pm by olde.)
04-06-2012 08:32pm
olde

RE: PhilSkill Injured, Signatures Needed

PhilSkill fell off a ladder at work. He is stuck in bed with a serious back injury and has thus been unable to gather "digital signatures" for the signing sheet of our letter to Jaguar Land Rover (JLR).

Each signature needs to be a professional sounding name and a working email address, neither of which need to match your real name or forum avatar. So far we have gathered 10 "digital signatures" in the attached letter, but many are missing who contributed heroically. Please PM me with a name and email address.

Edit: 20-digital signatures collected in only 2-days, and counting...! Thanks folks.

.doc  20120622TheListV6.doc (Size: 303.5 KB / Downloads: 33)

The letter is addressed to 2-executives at JLR; one of whom explained he has been watching The List grow for months, and he proudly keeps a copy of it on his desk!

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2012 03:21pm by olde.)
04-07-2012 10:08pm