Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Letter from Landrover about "EVOQUE ECO STOP/START UPDATE!
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Letter from Landrover about "EVOQUE ECO STOP/START UPDATE!

I don't have stop start either having a diesel auto, but the fix is actually two fixes in one package - the other fix is for the intermittent sounding if the alarm system, and it was applied to my car last week

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2013 10:26pm by XFullFatTim.)
03-05-2013 10:26pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
slee18

(03-05-2013 02:07pm)scrannel Wrote:  Thanks. But as I have both the auto trans and petrol engine, not sure I understand why it's coming up on my TOPIx.

I got mine updated as well scrannel. It seems to have give me better idle with the AC on. We definitely dont have start stop in US.

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
06-05-2013 08:32pm
scrannel

(06-05-2013 08:32pm)slee18 Wrote:  I got mine updated as well scrannel. It seems to have give me better idle with the AC on. We definitely dont have start stop in US.

Far fetched! I'll give it a shot.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
06-05-2013 09:48pm
sciack

Letter from Landrover about "EVOQUE ECO STOP/START UPDATE!

Today Land Rover Thailand said it is just for manual diesel cars so not for mine because I own an automatic. Is it true? It sounds strange to me. Why does it show in topix?
09-05-2013 12:39pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The update applies to autos as well, there are 2 "fixes" in one update, one for the stop/start for diesel manual cars and the second bit is for all models for the intermittent sounding of the alarm. So if your car has the alarm system it could be due that part of the update.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2013 03:08pm by XFullFatTim.)
09-05-2013 03:06pm
Asty

Not sure if this has been asked before but, for those with stop/start working, is the engine supposed to randomly fire back into life after being stationary for too long? I was sat at a level crossing yesterday and it fired back up well before the train arrived and made me jump too Smile

Arrived - Pure SD4 Mauritius Blue, tech pack.
11-05-2013 08:05am
eddkawasaki

(11-05-2013 08:05am)Asty Wrote:  Not sure if this has been asked before but, for those with stop/start working, is the engine supposed to randomly fire back into life after being stationary for too long? I was sat at a level crossing yesterday and it fired back up well before the train arrived and made me jump too Smile

Yes its quite normal for this to happen. It will start automatically if the battery level is detected as dropping below a preset threshhold. Remember that the stereo etc. are all still draining the battery. Mine has done it a few times now.

It will also start up again if the AC kicks in, I was sat in traffic the other week with the eco stop active and turned the temp down a degree or 2 and the engine fired back up.

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
11-05-2013 08:15am
cjfp

I had the fix applied yesterday - just have to wait and see if it solves the alarm issue.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
11-05-2013 08:57am
Squidly73

(11-05-2013 08:57am)cjfp Wrote:  I had the fix applied yesterday - just have to wait and see if it solves the alarm issue.

and Now what about your fixies ?

Evoque sd4 coupé dynamic auto. , black Sumatra, indus silver roof, coldmate pack,
panoramic cameras, black strata, ebony leather.
https://www.facebook.com/ForumPassionRangeRoverEvoque
18-07-2013 10:08am
cjfp

To the best of my knowledge, the alarm has not gone off again.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
18-07-2013 12:46pm