Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Language Problems
Wired

Language Problems

I just found that the software in the Evoque might be made of lots of different bits and pieces.

I am Dutch and I currently life in Madrid Spain, were I ordered my Evogue. Since it wasn't available on the date they told me I got a courtesy car for a week. Since my Spanish isn't that good I switch the language to Dutch.

This had the following results.
- The software running in the display turned to Dutch as expected.
- The software driving the software in the cockpit (between the 2 meters) Stayed mostly in Spanish with the occasional English word thrown in.(might be for lack of a good Spanish word)
- The warning for the rear facing camera stayed in English

My son is studing IT management an said he might use this an example why you need to consolidate all the development efforts Laughing

Jokes aside, it is a bit of a mess. Good thing I speak 4 languages.

SD4 Automatic Prestige BALTIC BLUE - 5 DOOR - 19" wheels - Xeons - Tech pack - winter pack - Pano roof
01-01-2012 01:32pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vision*R

RE: Language Problems

Hay que apprender castellano, no hay otra solucion Wink

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
01-01-2012 01:39pm
lngrn36

(01-01-2012 01:32pm)Wired Wrote:  I just found that the software in the Evoque might be made of lots of different bits and pieces.

I am Dutch and I currently life in Madrid Spain, were I ordered my Evogue. Since it wasn't available on the date they told me I got a courtesy car for a week. Since my Spanish isn't that good I switch the language to Dutch.

This had the following results.
- The software running in the display turned to Dutch as expected.
- The software driving the software in the cockpit (between the 2 meters) Stayed mostly in Spanish with the occasional English word thrown in.(might be for lack of a good Spanish word)
- The warning for the rear facing camera stayed in English

My son is studing IT management an said he might use this an example why you need to consolidate all the development efforts Laughing

Jokes aside, it is a bit of a mess. Good thing I speak 4 languages.

Good thing I understand English. However, I realize after visiting this website that I don't speak English. Obviously I speak southern redneck, but it is fun learning the meaning of such phrases as "daft sod". I thoroughly enjoy my Evoque and this forum!

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
01-01-2012 01:43pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cedric

(01-01-2012 01:43pm)lngrn36 Wrote:  Good thing I understand English. However, I realize after visiting this website that I don't speak English. Obviously I speak southern redneck, but it is fun learning the meaning of such phrases as "daft sod". I thoroughly enjoy my Evoque and this forum!

This is one of the reasons I usually put everything in English. I am unable to use a computer in my mother tongue. Translations are usually daft. To make an IT related comparison, Excel uses formulas. Some of those formulas are translated into your mother tongue if you buy a version in your language. As a result those formulas don't work if you sent them to somebody who has Excel in another language. English all the way!
13-01-2012 11:28pm