Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Land rover assist
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Land rover assist

LRA isn't what it used to be. Land Rover ran their recovery service through one of the big recovery firms and dealt with Enterprise for the loaners then 3-4 years ago they gave the contract to the AA (they use LR branded vehicles not AA vehicles) and the service has become a farce, truly awful. I had cause to use the original LRA twice, once when my Freelander1 sulked after driving over Salisbury Plain in the mud and once when I had the auxy drive belt part on a Disco2 I was taking back to the dealers to take delivery of the brand new Freelander1 above! LRA were with me within 20 minutes and had the problem fixed or a resolution to the problem. I had to call the "new" LRA out to my TDv8 RRS when I shattered a wheel and burst two tyres after swerving into the verge to avoid a lunatic motor cyclist. That occassion they took 2 hours and then the AA guy had no idea what the problem was! In the name of saving a few pounds LR abandoned an excellent service for one that is very shoddy by comparison and who's usual answer to your problem is to lift the car onto a flatbed truck and drive it miles from where you live or want to be and give you some nasty Hyundai or vauxhall Corsa in compensation.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-05-2012 03:08pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

Never liked the AA, used to be in it but every year the price would go up by exactly £11. They always used the slogan 'the fourth emergency service' but with current response times it is anything but emergency.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 26-05-2012 08:00pm by J77.)
26-05-2012 07:59pm
Jonathon555

Mantis water free wash is what i use on all my cars, they come up nice

£9.99 a bottle

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
27-05-2012 10:29pm