Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Land Rover Website
BFGEvoqueMan

RE: Land Rover Website

(29-11-2013 12:17am)PhilSkill Wrote:  I saw the new advert for the Citreon Picasso tonight, clearly stating, with adaptive cruise control...

Citreon not only worked out its a useful feature for the UK, theyre making a statement about it!

Just about sums it up! The design of the RRE is so out there it shames the competition, but I just fail to understand why JLR cannot get a grip of the technical side of their cars. I know not all of the gadgets you can get on the big German brands appeals to everyone, but the not having it losses creditablity. The 2014 updates add tech to the car, I could have had on my 2003 BMW X5 (and more besides such as Head up display).

What JLR have failed to realise is that once someone has some options you will never go back to a standard spec car if you have a choice; for example, I had always thought high beam assist was a gimmick (and in some peoples opinion still is), but I drove a BMW fitted with it and found it brilliant, result, JLR had another couple of hundred quid out of me when I ordered my last car. It's just such as shame they don't complement it by doing proper adaptive lights with differing beam function for different roads as lights that just turn (good though they are) are a bit old tech - maybe I should downsize to a Vauxhall MokkaQuestionQuestionQuestionQuestion LaughingLaughingLaughing

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
(This post was last modified: 29-11-2013 09:13am by BFGEvoqueMan.)
29-11-2013 09:12am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjking

No adaptive cruise control? I thought it was just postponed to February.

I was all set to place an Evoque order once the 2014 configurator updates were done. I suppose I'll have to get a Golf instead. (Which is the not-very-excited emoticon?)

Seriously, adaptive cruise control is an absolute requirement for me, I will have to get something else.

I'm quite depressed now.
29-11-2013 03:46pm
CRC@LandRover

Hi Guys,

I am watching this thread closely and the feedback has been in my opinion, extremely valuable.

With regards the options, I think BFGEvoqueMan has summed it up rather well with:
BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:once someone has some options you will never go back to a standard spec car if you have a choice

And it is because of this that I do think this thread is providing some great information. I will be looking at some focused threads next week regarding options and specifications based on what has been brought up here and will be taking this to the product team. I assure you none of the comments, feedback and suggestions will fall on deaf ears and I do appreciate the constructive nature of the thread so far.

The more input on this the better, so I would like to hear more peoples views.

Many thanks,
Pete

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
29-11-2013 04:04pm
Power14

Why cant they fit the adaptive cruise control to the UK models?

How to use adaptive cruise control can be found on page 108 in the Owners Manual (LRL 10 02 60 141), on TOPix

We must not be worthy, in getting this safety feature.

Pure, TD4 Coupe (Tech Pack) Since Sept 2012. (Sold May 16)
29-11-2013 04:40pm
Stadt Panzer

Land Rover Website

For some very very strange reason I can not get a winter package option, heated steering wheel, heated front windscreen, heated washers and heated front seats with the heated rear seat!!!!

Really LR why not? Germany is known to be colder then the UK and UK get the option and we don't!!

Why not just offer everything to everybody it'd make life a lot easier for everyone.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
29-11-2013 05:41pm
Trapdoor

My Mrs had a Prius as a company car in 2011. It had something on it called the 'safety pack'. This included:

Adaptive Cruise
Pre-crash warning
Pre-crash EBA

The car also had a Head-up display with speed and nav info. The car was about £26k with all this kit on AND it was a hybrid so not exactly cheap, old technology.

Adaptive cruise and the pre-crash safety stuff was brilliant. I just cannot ever use the standard cruise control on the Evoque unless I'm on the M-way at 3 in the morning, and then you get 'Johnny foreigner' lorry driver who is quite happy to jump the lane in front of you.

Both the pre-crash safety and adaptive cruise assisted me in dangerous situations. Had a car pull into a space between me and the one in front and then brake hard. The electronics worked flawlessly and saved me a crunched front end and having my ears bent by Mrs T. The only thing with the adaptive cruise was that it would tend to drop out in heavy rain or snow as that would confuse the radar.

But talking of options in certain markets, the Prius didn't have Lane Keep Assist in the UK, the excuse being that the road markings in this country weren't up to scratch for the system to work reliably.

JLR are missing a trick here. Adaptive cruise should be a must for this type of car, and like other posters, I was waiting for the option to become available before making the change. In the UK, we tend to have to pay more for our cars than many other countries, so please don't insult us further by limiting our choices where other cheaper countries get better options.

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
(This post was last modified: 29-11-2013 06:30pm by Trapdoor.)
29-11-2013 06:28pm