Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lack of Communication from dealers
PhilSkill

RE: Lack of Communication from dealers

(13-10-2011 04:35am)mark_n Wrote:  What's causing frustration is not so much the delays - which of course they are - more the lack of information. It's a bit like a delayed flight or a traffic jam - you're more ready to accept the delay when you know what the reason for it is.

Fully agree with you! As I said on another thread it time for a press release about the whole situation!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
13-10-2011 11:30am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spiderman

Very well put Mark, that's why myself and a few others have written to LR, however, I suggest this Forum sends an official letter to the powers that be at JLR HQ on behalf of the members.....

Martin, can you attend to this please!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
13-10-2011 11:41am
DaveR

it's a shame that you can't get an order reference number from the dealer and have an official web portal where you can go and check your order status your self direct with LR.
(This post was last modified: 13-10-2011 12:03pm by DaveR.)
13-10-2011 11:43am
Martin
Site Admin & Owner

Has anyone spoken to LR Customer Services about delays or lack of communication?
13-10-2011 12:17pm
griff

(13-10-2011 12:17pm)Martin Wrote:  Has anyone spoken to LR Customer Services about delays or lack of communication?
Spiderman, Tim and I have pm'ed Nick.
We are waiting for a response from LR PR.
I'm sure Nick has a heavy schedule at this time and is doing the best possible under current circumstances.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
(This post was last modified: 13-10-2011 12:41pm by griff.)
13-10-2011 12:29pm
Spiderman

Also please remember that Nick is the LR messenger so please do not berate her as I am sure she is doing all she can and shares our frustrations, it must be very demoralising for them to know they cannot get their excellent product to Market as intended, conversely all we are seeking is update information!!!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
13-10-2011 12:38pm
Martin
Site Admin & Owner

Well my suggestion is give LRCS a phone call. I'd imagine Nick is flooded with PMs and messages so you may get an answer quicker over the phone.
13-10-2011 12:43pm
EVO PUNDITT

(13-10-2011 12:43pm)Martin Wrote:  Well my suggestion is give LRCS a phone call. I'd imagine Nick is flooded with PMs and messages so you may get an answer quicker over the phone.

Naah! tried that, all they said is call your dealer and ask them to ring Order Control

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
13-10-2011 01:02pm
paulelescoces

In one side I can understand the issues they face... working in Supply Chain myself with a background in manufacturing... however...

the real problem is that the dealers themselves dont seem to have much idea whats happening and it seems to stem from poor communication from JLR.... even the day I placed my order my dealer told me delivery date was a bit of a gamble and getting info from JLR was not easy for them...

so... while I appreciate that the supply issues are complex to solve (and I accept delays here if there is some kind of communication)... the communication issue should be easy to solve and there is no/little excuse for it to be this way.

Delivered: SD4 Prestige Auto 5 Door, Fuji White with Vibe interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Electric Tailgate, Winter Pack, Adaptive Xenons, Roofrails...
13-10-2011 09:42pm
hybris

Someone should get fired!

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
13-10-2011 09:44pm