Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lack of Communication from dealers
fam1x

RE: Lack of Communication from dealers

Well so much for his promise NO phone call today at all yet. I drop him an email and his read my message but yet not reply email or call Sad

Anyone else ordered from Lookers in Battersea ?

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
21-10-2011 01:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

Jus got this message from my dealer in response to me asking about delays, my deposit was placed in june for a td4 pure 5 dr

Hope you are well.

Your car should be in the next batch of cars we order. Once we get our allocation of how many we will get I will be in a better postion to give you a date for delivery at this stage it is difficult to say when it will be. I will let you know as soon as I have the information
21-10-2011 06:47pm
Urban Splash

ED, it's not even ordered yet?

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
21-10-2011 06:48pm
ED209

(21-10-2011 06:48pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  ED, it's not even ordered yet?

Well i paid deposit and gave my initial spec in june, my car is apparently in the next batch of confirmed orders my dealer will put through to LR. Who knows how long it will take after this? as its a fairly low spec pure hopefully it might miss some of the delays.
21-10-2011 06:51pm
Urban Splash

Hmmmmmm

If I remember correctly, you specced your car at the same time as me ish. You should have been given a delivery date by now. It should be in Vista. Not sure how the order batches work though......

I would be going to see the dealer Smile

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
21-10-2011 07:00pm
Greg

Same here in South Africa,I ordered mine in April ! Only coming in November...though they ve sold two of their "stock" cars to new customers which they claim they did nt know they were getting....the sales people are a bunch of morons who are only used to selling 5 cars a month.. They are completely swamped by the demand and can't handle the volume! Was tempted to cancel my order, but that would be shortsighted! Cheers

Si 4 Sumatra black....delayed..replaced with Dynamic Fuji white...arrived today!
21-10-2011 07:10pm
berlin2011

When in November Greg? What dealer?

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
21-10-2011 07:24pm
Urban Splash

Ed, I don't know how it's all worked out. its crackers. Where I live in Whickham, there are 3 Evoques! I know one was a showroom model that someone snapped up. As for the other 2, I would be very surprised if they both placed deposits with the dealer before me!

21-10-2011 07:44pm
Greg

(21-10-2011 07:24pm)berlin2011 Wrote:  When in November Greg? What dealer?
Port Elizabeth ... Car is at port of exit in England .. Near the end of Nov I think.do you have one ordered?

Si 4 Sumatra black....delayed..replaced with Dynamic Fuji white...arrived today!
21-10-2011 07:48pm
berlin2011

(21-10-2011 07:48pm)Greg Wrote:  
(21-10-2011 07:24pm)berlin2011 Wrote:  Port Elizabeth ... Car is at port of exit in England .. Near the end of Nov I think.do you have one ordered?

Yip, mine's build date was 26 Sept and ETA is 21/11…. probably on same ship then - the next RoRo for Durban is leaving Southampton on the 23rd of Oct (Sunday) due at Durban on the 15th of Nov.

That said the dealer can't say for sure, there was also a ship on the 13th (arriving on the 3rd of Nov) and another on the 15th (arriving on the 5th) and my car could be on any of them as well since it was ready for dispatch well before either of those dates.

PS. know the shipping stuff since it's peripherally related to my job
(21-10-2011 07:10pm)Greg Wrote:  Though they ve sold two of their "stock" cars to new customers which they claim they did nt know they were getting....the sales people are a bunch of morons who are only used to selling 5 cars a month...

Funny you mentioned that, my dealer had 9 Evoques on the showroom floor last Saturday with the launch with only three of the cars open for viewing - the other were locked since they were customer cars for delivery. Drove past this evening…. 8 cars on the floor still… but their order book is full till March next year. Doesn't make sense to me.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
(This post was last modified: 21-10-2011 08:00pm by berlin2011.)
21-10-2011 07:54pm