Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lack of Communication from dealers
fam1x

Lack of Communication from dealers

Is anyone else experience the lack of communications from dealer on their car they ordered or is that just me? I ordered a SD4 like months ago now but seem to get little or no communications from the dealer. I have emailed called a number of times, left messages for the sales person to get back to me, just for updates or to add additional options to the car. It’s like once they got your deposit monies they don’t seem to care.

Fam

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
12-10-2011 11:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gomark

RE: Lack of Communication from dealers

Which dealer have you ordered with?

13-10-2011 12:00am
Roidman

I'm also experiencing the same from the one and only dearler in Singapore. Absolutely nothing heard from them. Even refused to reply my text messages!

Pure Si4, Firenze Red, 20" Style 6, Almond/Espresso Grained Leather, Fog Light, Xenon light...
13-10-2011 12:12am
Evoqess

I think your dealer might be too busy writing up Evoque contracts! They are in the business of selling/making commissions and I'd imagine they are utterly inundated with interest for the Baby RREs. There are only so many hours in the day!
I guess that helping a customer spec a Evoque is also very time consuming. Were extra staff hired?
At the end of the day though, poor existing customer relations are inexcusable. Even an apologetic group email would appease many.
I'm in the "no news is good news" group and simply don't want to bother my saleswoman. Unless November comes and goes and I have no BabyRR Sad

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
13-10-2011 12:28am
PhilSkill

Same as you Evoquess leave them be unless something important comes up, last time I popped in unannounced they were completely overrun.

But being at the dealer is best way to get some attention, you cant be ignored! fobbed off maybe Wink... I wouldn't expect a response txting them!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
13-10-2011 12:42am
Spiderman

My Dealer & others today confirmed that 90% of walk in's or calls are about the Evoque, they are almost bursting dealing with Evoque enquiries and it doesn't help that LR are not updating them on existing orders either, in turn they, LR, are placing their Dealerships in a most unsatisfactory and awkward predicament with us their clients, however, we need to give some breathing space here and unless your cars in build or due in build very soon, perhaps it's best to leave the Dealers alone until you know for sure their is a problem with your orders!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
(This post was last modified: 13-10-2011 12:54am by Spiderman.)
13-10-2011 12:48am
Evoqess

Phil Thumbs Up
Of course I would go to the dealer if I had wheels to get there hehe!

Oh I just did an Internet search for "Range Rover Evoque Delays" and this forum came up at number 1! Wow Shocked
We are famous for our level of discontent!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
13-10-2011 12:54am
mark_n

Isn't this one of those situations they look at in business schools - there's a crisis, how do we handle it? The conclusion is often that the company should be ready to communicate what's happening rather than clam up. The problem is that many companies would see being open about what's happening as a sign of weakness, playing into the hands of their competitors and the more unscrupulous competitor salesmen will already be making capital out of it. They need to if all they have to sell is an Audi Q3...

We're all hugely sympathetic about the industrial accident, not just for the person who died and his family and friends, but also for his colleagues who may well be feeling in some way responsible.

Beyond that, I think LR could help themselves with a statement about what the issues are, a statement which is plain to understand and not endlessly picked over by the boys from legal and PR.

What's causing frustration is not so much the delays - which of course they are - more the lack of information. It's a bit like a delayed flight or a traffic jam - you're more ready to accept the delay when you know what the reason for it is.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 13-10-2011 04:36am by mark_n.)
13-10-2011 04:35am
alibeau

(13-10-2011 04:35am)mark_n Wrote:  What's causing frustration is not so much the delays - which of course they are - more the lack of information. It's a bit like a delayed flight or a traffic jam - you're more ready to accept the delay when you know what the reason for it is.

Spot on Thumbs Up

Ali.

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
13-10-2011 08:08am
richardk

(13-10-2011 12:48am)Spiderman Wrote:  My Dealer & others today confirmed that 90% of walk in's or calls are about the Evoque, they are almost bursting dealing with Evoque enquiries and it doesn't help that LR are not updating them on existing orders either, in turn they, LR, are placing their Dealerships in a most unsatisfactory and awkward predicament with us their clients, however, we need to give some breathing space here and unless your cars in build or due in build very soon, perhaps it's best to leave the Dealers alone until you know for sure their is a problem with your orders!

All due respect, but if the dealers kept us informed and upto date, then we wouldn't have to keep contacting them. Many of us will need to sell our vehicle privately prior to purchasing the evoque, hence we need a time scale to plan to. Mine slipped 3 months (and a pvt sale was turned down) as vista seems to change on a daily basis. The dealers should be checking this without the customer having to prompt them. They've had a deposit and we've been given an order build slot, so I think it's only fair they deal with existing customers instead of taking further orders they cannot meet. I appreciate they are busy, but I should imagine a significant percentage of enquiries are repeat callers wondering why they have been ignored. Putting calls through to junior sales staff explaining the order situation would at least pacify customers in the interim. Being ignored is the more frustrating part of this experience.
13-10-2011 08:09am