Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LR identity
ant

RE: LR identity

"They're not scratches, they're battle scars".
My Def wears it's battle scars with pride.
I tried taking the RRS to several offroad events/meetings and was told by the organisers that it was too wide for many paths and gates on the routes, so I've mostly used the Def. Have done a bit of gentle offroading in the RRS, but never anything serious.
Any Land Rover product should carry the LR badge somewhere to show it's heritage and history, but I thought the Evoque was going to have Range Rover on the bonnet and tailgate. Correct me if I'm wrong.
ANT

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
26-08-2011 05:21pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wilsonmg

well mine will defo be going off road.... my company fleet manager is Sh*tting himself and is starting quote company insurance policies..etc... (he has seen where I've taken my D3 over the years.. Smile

He aint convinced that the company insurance has to cover unsurfaced roads......

I've told him not to worry... If I roll it/sink it/ wreck it it I'll just get is towed to a road before I call the insurance Wink
26-08-2011 05:33pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Do we need a poll to find out who would like to take theirs offroad?

When I had my first LR I got it scratched............. was very concerned, the dealer said "och dinnae worry son, it's added character"
3 years later when I took it back to part exchange it the response to the scratching wasn't so humorous " Jezz laddie, you've been off road in it, I'll no be able to give you a good deal with those scratches on it"

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-08-2011 06:07pm
wilsonmg

sounds good to me... he do you think my spare D3 17"wheels will go on the RRE ? might get be a better idea than explaining the wrecked 20" ers ?
26-08-2011 06:12pm
XFullFatTim

No they won't - Evoque has Freelander2 hubs and they are different to the D3/RRS - otherwise I would have kept the 4 x MTR's on D3 19" wheels /4 x Winter Tyres on RRS 19" V spokes and 4 x spare 20" RRS Stormers that I have just sold on Disco3 and RRS.co.uk. The other place to sell them is on the VW Transporter Van forums as judging by the number of RRS Supercharged style wheels I see on those they fit VW van hubs too!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 26-08-2011 06:31pm by XFullFatTim.)
26-08-2011 06:29pm
wilsonmg

didn't think they would..... will looke to get a set of fl2's off fleebay Smile
26-08-2011 06:34pm
defender_uk

certainly up for an off road day with mine. fully agree...why buy and not use, or have an idea what they can really do. I have off roaded all my vehicles, though all the serious stuff is done by the Defender....Smile

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
26-08-2011 11:21pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pureevoque

Will be interesting to see what LR is planning to do with the defender @ Franfurt, I believe they're previewing the new look.

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
27-08-2011 07:47am
XFullFatTim

Whatever they it will only be good for used values of existing Defenders - I believe the new one will look more like a Disco1 than a Defender..............

27-08-2011 08:34am
defender_uk

The thought is it will be disco based anyway...Sad
Must admit, I do have a tinge of sympathy for them having to do something with the Defender, cos whatever they do, it won't be right!

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
27-08-2011 10:14am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply