Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LR identity
DynamicRRV

RE: LR identity

TBH thats the way the World is most of the time.I have driven FFRRs for 8 years and had a couple of Sports too.The Evoque is miles better than any Sport IMO but not quite on par with the Daddy.Even so I still stick with my opinion not as many would have bought if it was a LR not a RR.
28-08-2011 06:43pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blackseries

RE: LR identity

Earlier this year I went on a LR Experience and the subject of LR & RR separation came up. My instructor said that there had been a plan to separate RR from LR but it had been stopped after some market research showed the RR owners were very proud of the fact that under all the Luxury there was the LR technology & heritage .... so the demerge was stopped in its tracks.

My own views on LR vs RR and the Evoque are these.

I know I would have bought the Evoque whatever badge it had on it – how often do you get the opportunity to buy a road going concept car?
I fell in love with its design ..... however the fact that it was a RR helped me to feel more comfortable about spending over £40k on it. Had it been branded a LR I probably (but I can’t say for certain) wouldn’t have felt comfortable spending more than £35k ..... That’s because I would have seen it fitting under the Discovery in both position and price.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
28-08-2011 08:44pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply