Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LR have had no reports of rattles
Deekster

RE: LR have had no reports of rattles

I had a similar problem and thought it was coming from the panoramic sunroof. On a test drive with a technician, he originally also believed it was coming from the sunroof. He then went and sat in the back while I continued driving. That was when he discovered it was coming from a trim part inside the passenger side rear door. The trim part has since been changed out and the situation is much improved. However, it still occassionally occurrs and I also think that I now have the same problem at the driver's side rear door.
22-02-2012 02:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tetstb

Well , some progress. Car has been in at Stratstones for 3 days now and they finally admitted that they found the design fault at their body shop. Seems that the trim that is fitted to the top of the tailgate is rubbing agains the trim inside the tailgate entrance and causing friction and the trim is rubbing away. The body shop manager said the same thing has happened on their demo .

The new parts are ordered and with a bit of luck I should get my car back on Friday minus the rattles and rubbing noises. I can then start to enjoy what I spend the best part of £44K on.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
22-02-2012 06:35pm
dandavis1

Well I've just collected my car and on the 25min journey home there wasnt a single rattle or squeak. It seems my dealer have sorted it! They also gave the car a good wash (and annoyingly made the cabin smell of cherries rather than that lovely leather smell).

It also a shame they put an extra 100 miles on the clock in 3 days, but at least it's sorted now...
23-02-2012 11:32am
broady43

(23-02-2012 11:32am)dandavis1 Wrote:  Well I've just collected my car and on the 25min journey home there wasnt a single rattle or squeak. It seems my dealer have sorted it! They also gave the car a good wash (and annoyingly made the cabin smell of cherries rather than that lovely leather smell).

It also a shame they put an extra 100 miles on the clock in 3 days, but at least it's sorted now...

Thats great news,did they tell you where the rattles were coming from?

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
23-02-2012 11:47am
chiggy

Well I have trouble believing the LR dealer and LR service that they don't know about the rattles because its on topix in the service/bulletins/diagnostics thing.

Attached a picture with screenshots of topix about half-way down showing "SSM55277 - SQUEAK OR RATTLES CAUSED BY 'BONUS' PARTS".

and that's been there for awhile.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
23-02-2012 12:00pm
dandavis1

They did.
23-02-2012 12:00pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I wonder what constitutes a "Bonus" part? Rear seats? Rear Trim? Boot Trim - I always thought they were standard rather than a bonus!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-02-2012 02:33pm
PhilSkill

I do still have occasional rattles, from what I think is the passenger front and rear door panels or inside the doors. Haven't mentioned it yet to the dealer, but fully intentd to, maybe at the first service, or sooner if I need to go back for something else.

Dan I believe yours were from the door panels among other places? Did they replace anything or just add padding?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 23-02-2012 02:47pm by PhilSkill.)
23-02-2012 02:46pm
J77

(22-02-2012 06:35pm)tetstb Wrote:  Well , some progress. Car has been in at Stratstones for 3 days now and they finally admitted that they found the design fault at their body shop. Seems that the trim that is fitted to the top of the tailgate is rubbing agains the trim inside the tailgate entrance and causing friction and the trim is rubbing away. The body shop manager said the same thing has happened on their demo .

The new parts are ordered and with a bit of luck I should get my car back on Friday minus the rattles and rubbing noises. I can then start to enjoy what I spend the best part of £44K on.

The same thing happened on my first freelander 2 but just in a different place. I was just lucky enough that the mechanic was clued up on the design faults and was able to pin point it without too much trouble.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
23-02-2012 04:36pm
tetstb

My issue is that it has taken 5 visits for them to find the fault never mind fix it and it was a guy in the body shop in Perth that said they knew what it was because it had happened to their 5dr demo. It doesn't give me a lot of confidence in them as a dealer to be honest and its almost like because I have
not spent 60K+ on a disco or rr that I am not a real customer.

Someone who I can't name chuckled and asked me why I was surprised, after all its made up of left overs from the volvo parts bin.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
23-02-2012 04:45pm