Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LOOKS KILL
jitenc

LOOKS KILL

Oops.. Just did a configuration for the Audi Q5.... It comes out with a comparable price as the dynamic Evoque with extras.... Lane assist, adaptive cruise control, heated cup holders, rear heated seats..., Internet connection....
Lots more.
All I can says for the Evoque at this stage... LOOKS KILL.... and hence, I am staying with my heart rather than my head....for the time being....Shocked

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
03-02-2013 12:47pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChuckieB

RE: LOOKS KILL

(03-02-2013 12:47pm)jitenc Wrote:  Oops.. Just did a configuration for the Audi Q5.... It comes out with a comparable price as the dynamic Evoque with extras.... Lane assist, adaptive cruise control, heated cup holders, rear heated seats..., Internet connection....
Lots more.
All I can says for the Evoque at this stage... LOOKS KILL.... and hence, I am staying with my heart rather than my head....for the time being....Shocked

Yeah those heated cup holders......they're a clincher!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
03-02-2013 12:52pm
Straydox

That's exactly my issue - I really like my Evoque (company car) and I want another one. Just taken the boot mat, load space protector bad and all my personal bits out of mine as it goes back to LR tomorrow - rejected due to quality issues. The Evoque is the best looking 4x4 SUV out there by miles - with a big 'but' attached - it's expensive and pretty low-tech compared with the opposition.

I've bought a used Audi A1 1.4 auto go-cart as wheels for 4 months with a fixed buy-back price (works out cheaper than renting something). Maybe a Q5 - yes similar price but more advanced technology, maybe wait a bit longer and hope that LR get the inside of the Evoque to match the gorgeous exterior...

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
03-02-2013 01:37pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

My dentist has a Q5. He and his wife (also a dentist in the same practice) both love my Evoque and are very envious of it, but he will never own another Land Rover product having had a terrible Disco3, suffered a very poor dealership and having received not a jotof help from LRCS (or even sympathy). He changed from Audis to the Disco3 and is now back driving Audis after 6 months with a car that let him down at least once a week sometimes twice. When you run your own business you cannot afford to have a car that is that unreliable. His past experiences with one of the Glasgow dealerships were enough to put him off having another Land Rover for the rest of his life.
It really is about time that senior people at LR woke up to the fact that they are loosing business on good cars because they have done nothing to correct their reputation for having a number of extremely poor dealers in the past.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2013 03:28pm by XFullFatTim.)
03-02-2013 03:24pm
scrannel

I agree, the dealer is 95% of the experience. Years ago my elderly dad bought a VW (something) back when ABS was still an option. The dealer lied to him and told him the car had ABS, and he was in Vermont where he got plenty of snow and ice. I didn't even bother calling the dealer, but called VW NA and was told dealers are essentially autonomous and there was nothing they could do. As I was getting my head around having to deal with this issue across the country, I suddenly got a call from an executive at VW NA who was fuming. I mean he was outraged that someone would behave this way. Two weeks later my dad had a new car.

Dealers have the factories by the throat; after all, they sell their cars. However, the more popular products become, the more the power shifts back to the factory. In So. California alone I counted (on the LR site) thirteen dealerships. If factories are feeling bullish about their cars they are far more likely to intervene on the consumer's side. But, you have to complain.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2013 04:17pm by scrannel.)
03-02-2013 04:16pm
Gorjan

That's why Apple is having it's own stores in major markets...

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
03-02-2013 04:53pm