Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LED Bulbs
Bense

LED Bulbs

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and haven't yet taken delivery of my new Evoque but I was wanting to change the halogen headlight bulbs for brighter ones and also change the interior bulbs too. I realise there are already threads about this but I read them and get lost in all the different kinds of bulbs. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Bense
17-03-2015 07:10am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: LED Bulbs

Welcome to the forum Bense. If your car is a 2015MY car or a 2014MY then SOME (not all ) of the interior lights are LEDs - the two courtesy lights in the rear cabin are still incandescent lamps for some reason (penny pinching by accountants?).

Regarding the replacement of the headlamp lamps, I cannot help you, but it seems that some of the Philips replacement lamps are popular and give a whiter light.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
17-03-2015 09:23am
Bense

Ok thanks for the info

Smile
18-03-2015 07:08am
lupusa1

I took delivery of my new Evoque on Monday morning, replacing my two year old manual with an automatic.

On Sunday I dutifully removed the Xenon HID lights from my old evoque and reinstalled the Halogen bulbs, intending to put the Xenons into the new car.

However, having tried this last night I find the xenon do not work in the new car!

The standard halogen bulbs are pathetic, akin to a candle in a brown bottle.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

the xenons by the way we're a kit purchased off eBay for about £50, and worked brilliantly for all the time I had them.
18-03-2015 11:18am