babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
LED Bulbs - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: LED Bulbs (/Thread-LED-Bulbs)

LED Bulbs - Bense - 17-03-2015 07:10am

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and haven't yet taken delivery of my new Evoque but I was wanting to change the halogen headlight bulbs for brighter ones and also change the interior bulbs too. I realise there are already threads about this but I read them and get lost in all the different kinds of bulbs. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Bense

RE: LED Bulbs - XFullFatTim - 17-03-2015 09:23am

Welcome to the forum Bense. If your car is a 2015MY car or a 2014MY then SOME (not all ) of the interior lights are LEDs - the two courtesy lights in the rear cabin are still incandescent lamps for some reason (penny pinching by accountants?).

Regarding the replacement of the headlamp lamps, I cannot help you, but it seems that some of the Philips replacement lamps are popular and give a whiter light.

RE: LED Bulbs - Bense - 18-03-2015 07:08am

Ok thanks for the info

Smile

RE: LED Bulbs - lupusa1 - 18-03-2015 11:18am

I took delivery of my new Evoque on Monday morning, replacing my two year old manual with an automatic.

On Sunday I dutifully removed the Xenon HID lights from my old evoque and reinstalled the Halogen bulbs, intending to put the Xenons into the new car.

However, having tried this last night I find the xenon do not work in the new car!

The standard halogen bulbs are pathetic, akin to a candle in a brown bottle.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

the xenons by the way we're a kit purchased off eBay for about £50, and worked brilliantly for all the time I had them.