Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Just fitted Blackvue full hd Black Box Recorder
RacingSnake

RE: Just fitted Blackvue full hd Black Box Recorder

Good to see some pics Smile
You've routed the same as me (well, there isn't much choice! lol).
I did post up photos of my fuse locations on here: http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Wanted-Gu...6#pid96566

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2014 08:43am by RacingSnake.)
07-06-2014 08:42am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JimWooly

I have already printed the photos you posted of the fuse locations thank you Smile
07-06-2014 10:58am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JimWooly

Connected the 'Power Magic' clone to fuse position 66 using a 'Piggy Back' fuse holder to pick up a constant 12 volts and to fuse position 60 (using an inline fuse) for the switched supply

[Image: Piggy_back_fuse_zps6b7b04fd.jpg]

[Image: Connections_2_zps78f27bc7.jpg]

The 'Power Magic' clone was attached to the bodywork using velcro

[Image: Battery_saver_position_zps7e07bad8.jpg]

The Co-Ax cable for the rear camera was run down the passenger sill following the existing wiring as far as possible. The plastic trim which fits at the outer side of the passenger footwell was removed and to achieve this the bonnet opening handle was removed first (one Torx screw). Once the handle was removed the trim required a firm pull rewards was needed to detach it from the retaining 'Buttons'.

[Image: Footwell_side_cover_-_Button_zpsd585413e.jpg]

[Image: Passenger_sill_bodywork_zps9271201e.jpg]

The cover once removed
[Image: Footwellsidecover_zpsa703d9b8.jpg]

The front passenger sill was removed to allow the Co-Ax to be run with the existing cables and then the rear sill cover was also removed for the same reason. While the front sill cover was easily removed with a firm pull upwards, to remove the rear one the front and rear edges need to be pulled up then the cover has to be pulled rearwards to disengage the retaining button.

[Image: Rear_Sill_-_button_zpsa6c9eb48.jpg]

The Co-Ax was then run under the trim next to the rear seat backrest and into the boot. The cable followed the edge of the rear shelf support bracket and then under the boot seal up to the rear window. The camera was attached over to the left hand side of the rear window.

[Image: RearCamera-Inside_zps03e189e0.jpg]

It is not easy to see from the outside

[Image: RearCamera_zps4f3332bc.jpg]
08-06-2014 10:40pm
RacingSnake

Good work.

Ironically my DR550 has just succumbed to the equivalent of the "blue-screen-of-death".
It has locked up permanently and no longer functions. Sad I've not even had it a year.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
09-06-2014 10:56am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JimWooly

Could you not try downloading a different version of firmware (I have 2 different ones saved) and then updating the camera? Failing that I would contact BlackVue.
09-06-2014 12:16pm
RacingSnake

I have done that - and it is running again now. Rolling Eyes
But there are at least 4 other people now complaining of the same freezing, so I'm not holding out much hope Neutral

09-06-2014 02:05pm