Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Wanted: Guide for hard wiring dash cam
RacingSnake

RE: Wanted: Guide for hard wiring dash cam

Some offer discounts, so worth telling them Smile

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
01-01-2014 03:15am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MarkA_

Wanted: Guide for hard wiring dash cam

(01-01-2014 03:15am)RacingSnake Wrote:  Some offer discounts, so worth telling them Smile

Of course once you do I am sure you would be obliged to provide video with any claim you make...

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2014 11:31am by MarkA_.)
01-01-2014 11:30am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

Not unless its written in the T&C's!

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
01-01-2014 11:45am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bing0r

Racingsnake, what fuse did you tap into and why do u need to plumb in two wires? Are u using the power magic pro?

Or are u referring to + and -

I have got a piggyback fuse tap and used the cigar lighter to tap into but only getting 4-6v so not enough to power the cam. Appears the car is lowering the voltage at the fuse board for some reason. But when I check at the cigar socket get full 12v. I have got the blackvue 500 wifi and can't figure it out.

Grounded to bottom fuse holder bolt.

Have you got any pics or any further advice?

Thanks in advance.
(This post was last modified: 22-02-2014 02:58pm by bing0r.)
22-02-2014 02:57pm
RacingSnake

Yes using the PMP, and 2 wires... perm live and ignition live - I have got pictures so I'll have a look for them, failing that I'll take some tomorrow in the daylight Smile

22-02-2014 07:52pm
bing0r

Thanks racingsnake appreciate it. I can't for the life of me understand why I only get less then 6v at the fuse but 12v at the cigar port. Frustrating the hell out of me!!!

Failing that I can tap into the wire underneath cigar port but don't want to cut any wiring looms if possible.
22-02-2014 08:50pm
RacingSnake

Did you post up on dashcamtalk about this wiring?

22-02-2014 09:14pm
bing0r

No I haven't. Is that the place to ask?
22-02-2014 09:35pm
RacingSnake

Not especially, it's just someone posted yesterday asking about wiring a dr500, but they wanted an 'ignition only' connection (ie, only to record when driving), so if that was you I would have suggested just splicing in a new ciggy connection under the centre console!.

I'll go and grab some shots of my dodgy wiring for you now Smile

Ok:
Red to bottom pin of fuse 63

Yellow to bottom pin of fuse 66

Black earth to fusebox mount.

(This post was last modified: 23-02-2014 12:23pm by RacingSnake.)
23-02-2014 12:12pm
bing0r

Omg that is exactly how I did it, but only to the cigar lighter fuse. But getting low voltage. Ended up splicing into the centre console in the end.

Perhaps it's coz u are using a pmp but I checked quite a few fuses and only getting 4-6v reading at fuse even with no load. Perhaps year of car and they have intro something new? Mine is. MY13 dynamic SI4.

thanks for the pictures racing snake, it is greatly appreciated. I may get a pmp and try it again with that as sounds good to have 24/7 recording. Shame the surround cams on the evoque are not good enough to record for this purpose.
23-02-2014 10:35pm