Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Just fitted Blackvue full hd Black Box Recorder
JimWooly

RE: Just fitted Blackvue full hd Black Box Recorder

(31-01-2012 11:21pm)bell-auto-services Wrote:  I just fitted one of these to my car i thought id share it lol, I got it from link below as an it was on offer to he D3 forum members. The picture quality is fantastic and super clear Smile http://www.hids4u.co.uk/Blackvue-full-hd...ition.html

Ill post pictures of my install later when I have finished the wireing. Below is some info from the site.

Pete

This is the latest safety version of the very popular Blackvue in car black box recorder. Its fast becoming a must have accessory to have in your car. The Pittasoft Blackvue black box recorder automatically records all events whilst your driving and due to the DR400G-HDs GPS tracking function you can retrace your journey and point of incident easily in Google Maps. In car black box recorders are recognised by most insurers as helping to establish fault and can reduce your premium. In any event if the un-thinkable was to happen you will have it all recorded for future use. This latest model records in FULL HD quality video and also makes audio recordings that are saved onto the 16GB SD memory card

Pete, did you ever get round to taking photographs of the install? The reason for asking is I have just bought the same camera and I am trying to decide how to route the coax to the rear camera. My idea at the moment is to run it with the existing loom down the passenger side floor (under the sill trim) and then up to the tailgate somehow.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Jim

[Image: 298252.png]
04-06-2014 10:15pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

Jim, do exactly that, down the sill, under the carpets, and I threaded mine up next to the rear seat hinge (coupe).
Then threaded up through the boot trim and pulled the cable out above the c pillar and the boot seal.

Edit to add, just to manage your expectations, it wont really be the sharp 1080 hd quality you are expecting.
The camera only does 6Mb/s, which translates to a very blocky image, anything above about 20mph will be unreadable.

Its a well documented problem with the 550.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2014 03:33pm by RacingSnake.)
05-06-2014 03:31pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bee

im sure you will bee happy with the dr 400 g my one reads number plates at any mpg. i just freeze the picture when close to it.
just remember to buy the best mem card you can find. it also records up to a weeks driving on a 32gb card before it records
over.

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2014 03:43pm by bee.)
05-06-2014 03:41pm
RacingSnake

(05-06-2014 03:41pm)bee Wrote:  im sure you will bee happy with the dr 400 g
I assumed since the 400 does not have a rear camera, he was talking about the 550....apologies if my assumption is incorrect.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
05-06-2014 04:08pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bee

yep you are correct it doesnt have a rear cam, but another 400 could bee fitted at the rear and work independantly.Very Happy

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
05-06-2014 04:13pm
JimWooly

(05-06-2014 04:08pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  I assumed since the 400 does not have a rear camera, he was talking about the 550....apologies if my assumption is incorrect.

You are correct in your assumption, it is a 550 and thank you for your comments. They have confirmed my idea of how to install the rear camera. Smile
05-06-2014 04:45pm
RacingSnake

The only other piece of advice I will give, is try to keep the cable as 'low' as possible - ie, don't run it up into any of the roof area, or the top of the tailgate...
As this is where the DAB aerial is, and the blasted rear camera knocks out the DAB signal.
Pitasoft released an rf insulated cable (which I got for free from the guy I bought mine from).
It hasn't completely supressed the interference, and that's even with 2 ferrite cores attached too Sad

05-06-2014 09:58pm
JimWooly

I checked to make sure that I had received the latest cable as I didn't fancy installing it then finding that i had to replace it. What type of ferrite cores did you use, was it the 'split' sort that can be clamped onto an existing harness or was it the torroid type? All advice is much appreciated.
05-06-2014 10:55pm
RacingSnake

Yes, it was the clamp type, I attached 2 types at slightly different frequencies (to hedge my bets Wink )
After I raised the issue about DAB with Pitasoft they made the replacement cable 'standard' so being a fairly new purchase you should be ok.

05-06-2014 11:35pm
JimWooly

Just started to install my BlackVue DR550GW-2CH camera system and have been taking photos as I go along.

I sited the front camera to the left of the rear view mirror so that the lens is just below the shaded area -

[Image: DSCF0573_zpse39c3b68.jpg]

The two cables (Power and co-ax to the rear camera) have been eased into the gap between the headlining and the screen. Then under the left hand 'A' pillar trim -

[Image: A_Pillar_Screw_Cover1_zps1c56656e.jpg]

The 'A' pillar trim is held in place by a Torx screw beneath the small cover with 'Air Bag' on it, a 'Key hole slot' and a locating peg.

[Image: A_pillar_trim_key_slot__Better_1_zps97b8d3e4.jpg]

The slot slides over a button attached to the 'A' pillar -

[Image: A_pillar_key1_zpsc318b61e.jpg]

The two cables were then routed down the existing loom being aware of the air bag and the heated screen connections -

[Image: A_pillar_trim_removed1_zps737622f5.jpg]

There is a small gap at the bottom of the 'A' pillar between the pillar and the dash into which the cables will go then they were routed under the forward door trim -

[Image: Routethecableunderseal_zps9e900723.jpg]

This is as far as I have progressed at the moment, still have to decide how to tap into the relevant fuse positions. I will possibly use something like this -

[Image: FuseSpur_zps7b4b4d6a.jpg]

To be continued . . . .

Many thanks to RacingSnake for his comments and posts on this subject.
06-06-2014 10:31pm