Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just Seen For The First Time!!
THEMACS

Just Seen For The First Time!!

We have just seen the Evoque for the first time after being invited to the Here & Now event. we put a deposit down three months ago on a 5 door Pure which we specced up quite a bit.

Well after seeing the car in the flesh I am not as bowled over as I was expecting!! The three door is strange to say the least and Nowhere Near as nice to look at as the 5 door, I know I will probably upset people on here, but that's my opinion. I was surprised at how small the thing is in general, although inside it did feel a little bigger. The finish was Fantastic, although we were very disappointed in the Pure, certainly after being in the Prestige, so we changed our order to a 5 door Prestige. We also changed from White to Orkney Grey, although that colour isn't as nice as Stornaway but it did suit the Prestige, I wouldn't mind seeing the Havana too as this could be an option.

Anyway, the car is very different to anything else about, but I find it strange that alot of people are downsizing from a RRS?? as the Evoque would fit in the Boot!!!

Anyway it hasn't put us off, I just feel a bit deflated after seeing it after All the Hype! I am sure we will feel differently when we get it in 7 Months!!!
09-09-2011 09:15pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ytshome

RE: Just Seen For The First Time!!

Hi, I think that you are quite entitled to your opinion.

Like you I've gone for the Prestige in OG and in the five door for practical reasons. However, I first saw the car in Manchester a few weeks ago and thought it was very nice but a bit tight for space.

However, last night on second viewing I was even more impressed. The OG suits the Prestige IMO and the standard 19 wheels actually have a painted interior section to it which is a metallic grey and very like the OG. From a personal point of view I do think that the exterior looks of the coupe just take it for me, so to exagerate the flow of the car I suggest looking at the privacy glass, which neatens the sides lines.

Cheers Steve

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
09-09-2011 09:48pm
Urban Splash

Hi,

I had originally gone for a Pure Tech. Have also thought the Pure interior was just not special enough.... Changed to a Prestige....

Cheeky blighters want to charge me extra for the new price for the panoramic roof because I changed spec. Greed.... The £1k deposit they have had for months seems to mean nothing....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
09-09-2011 09:51pm
PAT

That's what forums are all about so good on you for saying as you see it as it's all about personal preferences.

Having seen the car for the first time in the metal tonight I have to say that it looks all the car and then some Cool

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
09-09-2011 10:08pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Over on on of the other threads I have posted a picture of an RRS parked parallel to my Evoque. Certainly isn't much difference in the length, but Evoque is certainly lower and narrower

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
09-09-2011 10:15pm
J77

I think the pure dash topper looks ok considering it is made from recycled plastic bottles, the pure is supposed to be a bit more stripped out to reflect the LRX concept car. But you are paying for the car so you are entitled to your opinion on what works best for you. Each to there own Thumbs Up

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
09-09-2011 10:15pm
Daigriff

(09-09-2011 09:51pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  I had originally gone for a Pure Tech. Have also thought the Pure interior was just not special enough.... Changed to a Prestige....

Same here.

I prefer the look of the coupe (just) but wanted 4 doors, and I agree the Prestige is a far nicer place to be in than a specced up Pure.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
09-09-2011 10:21pm
THEMACS

Hi Steve

I am assuming if you are in Manchester then you must have been to the same dealers and drove the same OG Prestige as we did. It is a lovely car and very strangely is bigger when you are in it. Not sure I like the Privacy Glass although everyone I have seen has it, I think it makes the look more Van like, especially in White!! The OG one they have in Manchester Looks the part though and the Pan Roof is a Must, you really cant have an Evoque without it!

I would like to see an OG Prestige without the P Glass to see if it makes much difference.

As you all say, we are all different and have different tastes, good job too!!!

Thanks Andrew
09-09-2011 10:41pm
LP

Aside from the different leather on the seats (which you are sitting on so won't be able to see) and the leather dash topper what are the other interior differences between the pure and the prestige?
09-09-2011 10:44pm
Wicksy

(09-09-2011 09:15pm)THEMACS Wrote:  We have just seen the Evoque for the first time after being invited to the Here & Now event. we put a deposit down three months ago on a 5 door Pure which we specced up quite a bit.

Well after seeing the car in the flesh I am not as bowled over as I was expecting!! The three door is strange to say the least and Nowhere Near as nice to look at as the 5 door, I know I will probably upset people on here, but that's my opinion. I was surprised at how small the thing is in general, although inside it did feel a little bigger. The finish was Fantastic, although we were very disappointed in the Pure, certainly after being in the Prestige, so we changed our order to a 5 door Prestige. We also changed from White to Orkney Grey, although that colour isn't as nice as Stornaway but it did suit the Prestige, I wouldn't mind seeing the Havana too as this could be an option.

Anyway, the car is very different to anything else about, but I find it strange that alot of people are downsizing from a RRS?? as the Evoque would fit in the Boot!!!

Anyway it hasn't put us off, I just feel a bit deflated after seeing it after All the Hype! I am sure we will feel differently when we get it in 7 Months!!!
So when you were inside the Pure what disappointed you most apart from the softer leather in the Prestige?
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2011 10:57pm by Wicksy.)
09-09-2011 10:56pm