Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ivory Headlining-Have I made a mistake?
mickydd

Ivory Headlining-Have I made a mistake?

When I ordered my 5 door SD4 Dynamic in Firenze with Verve interior, I forgot to change the headlining to Ebony. What do you think, will it look ok or be crap??

Leasing company are giving me a hard time if I want to amend.

Arrived 24th February. Dynamic 5 dr SD4, manual ,Firenze with Verve interior, 20" Sparkle
03-09-2011 01:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
caroline11000

RE: Ivory Headlining-Have I made a mistake?

Am I right in thinking that Verve is red & black? If so I think I would have chosen ebony headliner. I don't think it will look crap though with ivory, but maybe would be more classy with ebony! I have a pure on order with ebony interior and have not chosen the ebony headliner mainly because I didn't want a too dark interior & I think ivory makes the interior more light & airy and I begrudge having to pay extra for ebony! In your case though the red takes away the all black effect that I'm not sure about. Is it to late to change your order?

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
03-09-2011 01:42pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

If you didn't spec the panoramic roof then it will help to lighten the interior though

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-09-2011 01:44pm
mickydd

(03-09-2011 01:44pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  If you didn't spec the panoramic roof then it will help to lighten the interior though

Hi Tim,
I was just explaining to Caroline, wanted Panoramic, but employer wont allow. I am with Fire Service and they were concerned that magnetic blue light wouldnt be secure on front edge of Panoramic.

I just hope it doesnt look too bad. Thanks for the responses.
If you are in West Yorks, watch out for 5d, Sd4 in Firenze coming up fast behind ya. You'll be able to tell it's me, look for the Ivory headlining.
Mick

Arrived 24th February. Dynamic 5 dr SD4, manual ,Firenze with Verve interior, 20" Sparkle
03-09-2011 01:54pm
caroline11000

(03-09-2011 01:54pm)mickydd Wrote:  
(03-09-2011 01:44pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  If you didn't spec the panoramic roof then it will help to lighten the interior though

Hi Tim,
I was just explaining to Caroline, wanted Panoramic, but employer wont allow. I am with Fire Service and they were concerned that magnetic blue light wouldnt be secure on front edge of Panoramic.

I just hope it doesnt look too bad. Thanks for the responses.
If you are in West Yorks, watch out for 5d, Sd4 in Firenze coming up fast behind ya. You'll be able to tell it's me, look for the Ivory headlining.
Mick
Laughing
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Ebony-or-...headlining

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2011 02:51pm by caroline11000.)
03-09-2011 02:41pm
Range Rover Virgin

(03-09-2011 01:16pm)mickydd Wrote:  When I ordered my 5 door SD4 Dynamic in Firenze with Verve interior, I forgot to change the headlining to Ebony. What do you think, will it look ok or be crap??

Hi Mickydd

My spec is the same as yours but coupe - firenze + verve+ black roof. Like you an oversight to specify ebony but when I was at Evoque Unleashed in Manchester EVERY Evoque had ebony despite ivory being standard. Hmmm, why is that - presumably they think it's better? Don't know but ivory just feels to me like "one more colour" so sticking with the red/black theme I've changed mine to Ebony. Ivory will lighten it up inside for sur though. Good luck..
04-09-2011 08:03pm
Rehan

(03-09-2011 01:16pm)mickydd Wrote:  When I ordered my 5 door SD4 Dynamic in Firenze with Verve interior, I forgot to change the headlining to Ebony. What do you think, will it look ok or be crap??

Mick i had the same problem. My order is the same as yours, totally forgot about the headlining, would prefer it being ebony but noticed to late to amend my order.

Most cars at the drive events seem to have ebony so must look better. Weather its worth the extra cost im not sure yet. Oh well guess if i hate it, il put it up for sale and re order LOL
05-09-2011 06:41am
Rootsboy

this is something i have not really thought about up to now, and i could have one or two days to maybe add ebony head-lining to my order, i have a pano roof, but with ebony interior will it not seem like to much black, but may work well with white car

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
05-09-2011 02:17pm
Range Rover Virgin

(05-09-2011 02:17pm)Rootsboy Wrote:  this is something i have not really thought about up to now, and i could have one or two days to maybe add ebony head-lining to my order, i have a pano roof, but with ebony interior will it not seem like to much black, but may work well with white car

An oversight on my part too, but I have managed to change it on my order to ebony without affecting delivery date in November. Just hope its worth it! I haven't gone for the panoramic roof, so less of a dilemma for me..
05-09-2011 03:09pm
BFGEvoqueMan

Its a very German thing to go for black everywhere on the inside of the car. I have owned three SLK's and the middle one had a black roof inside as it was a special edition, God was I pleased when I changed it for the another car with the light grey interior.

Driving to work today in my Focus I thought that since it has black leather with a black dashboard, doors etc, how dark it would be if it didn't have a really light grey headliner and windscreen trim panels. It has no sunroof and has privacy glass so would be a very dark place indeed. With the RRE I think you can get away with a black headliner if you have the panoramic roof, but other wise would need to have the standard roof trim to stop you feeling claustrophobicConfused:

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
06-09-2011 08:34am