Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is there any way of switching off the door open warning?
Urban Splash

Is there any way of switching off the door open warning?

It's driving me mad when I'm in and out the car defrosting etc with the engine running and getting beeped at because the driver door is open! I know the damn door is open, stop beeping at me!!!!!!!!!!!! completely useless feature! There is even a picture showing me the door is open, stop the beeping pleaseeeeee

Many thanks....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
18-01-2013 06:06pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Is there any way of switching off the door open warning?

Ipad not working properly or I would post links

Search titles only with +door +open and you'll two threads on this already - unfortunately I think the answer is that no-one has yet found a way

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
18-01-2013 06:17pm
Urban Splash

I have searched and returned 2 threads. However in safari it says 'too many redirects occurred' and cant open the threads. Happens on macbook and iphone.

I can't believe this 'feature' can't be turned off. Sounds rather petty but it really is driving me mad.

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
18-01-2013 06:45pm
cjfp

That's the problem I get (but not always!). Not sure if it is linked to the site or the ipad cache etc ?!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
18-01-2013 06:52pm
benzina

(18-01-2013 06:06pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  It's driving me mad when I'm in and out the car defrosting etc with the engine running and getting beeped at because the driver door is open! I know the damn door is open, stop beeping at me!!!!!!!!!!!! completely useless feature! There is even a picture showing me the door is open, stop the beeping pleaseeeeee

Many thanks....

Well, there is a way you can stop the beep if you have the Auto,and i see in your sig that you do.
Dial in (N) neutral, but make SURE you apply the electric parking brake....you will NOT get the beep like this.
Enjoy! Smile

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
19-01-2013 12:38am
Urban Splash

Never thought of that.....cheers!

19-01-2013 12:35pm