babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Is there any way of switching off the door open warning? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Is there any way of switching off the door open warning? (/Thread-Is-there-any-way-of-switching-off-the-door-open-warning)

Is there any way of switching off the door open warning? - Urban Splash - 18-01-2013 06:06pm

It's driving me mad when I'm in and out the car defrosting etc with the engine running and getting beeped at because the driver door is open! I know the damn door is open, stop beeping at me!!!!!!!!!!!! completely useless feature! There is even a picture showing me the door is open, stop the beeping pleaseeeeee

Many thanks....

RE: Is there any way of switching off the door open warning? - cjfp - 18-01-2013 06:17pm

Ipad not working properly or I would post links

Search titles only with +door +open and you'll two threads on this already - unfortunately I think the answer is that no-one has yet found a way

RE: Is there any way of switching off the door open warning? - Urban Splash - 18-01-2013 06:45pm

I have searched and returned 2 threads. However in safari it says 'too many redirects occurred' and cant open the threads. Happens on macbook and iphone.

I can't believe this 'feature' can't be turned off. Sounds rather petty but it really is driving me mad.

RE: Is there any way of switching off the door open warning? - cjfp - 18-01-2013 06:52pm

That's the problem I get (but not always!). Not sure if it is linked to the site or the ipad cache etc ?!

RE: Is there any way of switching off the door open warning? - benzina - 19-01-2013 12:38am

(18-01-2013 06:06pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  It's driving me mad when I'm in and out the car defrosting etc with the engine running and getting beeped at because the driver door is open! I know the damn door is open, stop beeping at me!!!!!!!!!!!! completely useless feature! There is even a picture showing me the door is open, stop the beeping pleaseeeeee

Many thanks....

Well, there is a way you can stop the beep if you have the Auto,and i see in your sig that you do.
Dial in (N) neutral, but make SURE you apply the electric parking brake....you will NOT get the beep like this.
Enjoy! Smile

RE: Is there any way of switching off the door open warning? - Urban Splash - 19-01-2013 12:35pm

Never thought of that.....cheers!