Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is the Evoque easy to park without the rear camera
Mounty

Is the Evoque easy to park without the rear camera

My Dealer doesn't have one without.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2012 11:20am by cjfp.)
06-02-2012 10:40am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

RE: Is the Evque to park easy without the rearcamera

It all depends on whether you can see what's behind you in the rear-view mirror. The rear window is high, so some objects disappear out of sight when you are still quite a distance from them. The big mirrors help when reversing through, for example, a gateway but overall, you are still working blind with some types of obstruction such as low bollards.

I rate the rear camera as one of the most useful driving aids and if it avoids a single trip to the body shop to have the rear bumper re-painted, it will have paid for itself.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
06-02-2012 10:55am
bell-auto-services

RE: Is the Evque to park easy without the rearcamera

just try your dealers and as soon as the camera comes on select the radio to stop you looking at the screen, i personally dont use my rear camera i much prefer to use my eyes and do it the old fasion way.

pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
06-02-2012 11:10am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GibEvoque

RE: Is the Evoque easy to park without the rear camera

You do have rear parking sensors anyway, plus large mirrors, so is pretty easy, not had any probs yet, more fear of kerbing a wheel when parallel parking.

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
06-02-2012 11:32am
The Valeter

Is the Evoque easy to park without the rear camera? - If you passed a driving test then anything should be easy to park!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
06-02-2012 01:52pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

If you can park a Defender hardtop then an Evoque without a cam is easier. The only thing you have remember in the Evoque is that you don't have that 16" fender hanging off the back door to protect you from reversing bumps, but you do have reversing sensors

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2012 02:14pm by XFullFatTim.)
06-02-2012 02:13pm
Mounty

(06-02-2012 01:52pm)The Valeter Wrote:  Is the Evoque easy to park without the rear camera? - If you passed a driving test then anything should be easy to park!

LaughingLaughing
06-02-2012 02:25pm
BFGEvoqueMan

When I 1st got the car I used the camera alot, now I have reverted to mirrors/looking over my shoulder etc. However, when parallel parking or reversing into a car park slot, I then use the camera to judge how far to go back as the usual visual clues quite literally disappear with about 1.50m to go.

Although, I have never had a problem parking or manouevering in tight spaces, on balance it is probably money well spent, especially if you have any problems with your own personal mobility (ie ability to turn around in your seat etc).

Trust this helpsConfused:

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2012 02:32pm by BFGEvoqueMan.)
06-02-2012 02:30pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

In the present weather the cam lens becomes obscured by road muck quickly, so it's not such a great toy in the winter if you have to get out to clean the lens before you reverse into a carpark slot!!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2012 02:38pm by XFullFatTim.)
06-02-2012 02:37pm
lngrn36

(06-02-2012 02:37pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  In the present weather the cam lens becomes obscured by road muck quickly, so it's not such a great toy in the winter if you have to get out to clean the lens before you reverse into a carpark slot!!

I was thinking the same thing the other day. Why not have a little sprayer pointed at the lens so that when you wash the rear glass it will at least rinse of the wet stuff like the headlight sprayers?

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
06-02-2012 07:06pm