Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ipod
KaDargo

Ipod

How will the Ipod work (presume the same as in current RR )?
I currently have an aftermarket Alpine unit which gives FULL control inc. playlists, random etc, also charges it and switches off when ignition switched off

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
30-08-2011 12:41pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

RE: Ipod

I understand that there is full Ipod integration via a USB port in the armrest cubby hole. This then links to the touch screen for use.
Cheers

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
30-08-2011 12:57pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Yes, you connect using the normal iPod/phone White cable and I believe it can so connect wirelessly

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
30-08-2011 01:03pm
MW73

I was led to believe by my dealer that is connects wirelessly and it has all the functions you get on the iphone/iPod usually, happy days if this is correct! Smile
(This post was last modified: 30-08-2011 08:49pm by MW73.)
30-08-2011 08:48pm
Acwats

(30-08-2011 08:48pm)MW73 Wrote:  I was led to believe by my dealer that is connects wirelessly and it has all the functions you get on the iphone/iPod usually, happy days if this is correct! Smile

My iPod has no wireless capability. iPhones can connect via Bluetooth and stream music but I don't think IPods have btooth. I have this in my BMW and when used with a cable you can use the idrive to control, when you use wireless you have to use the iPhone to control. Keeps my daughter happy when she is sat in the back!

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
30-08-2011 09:00pm
mortz

And don't forget your virtual 10 disc CD changer....download your favorite music ...also uses gracenote technology....then call up your disc and track number via voice control....I have tested this and is so quick and responsive....unlike our previous voice control systems

While we are at it... im sure as part of my dealer training.....let the passenger watch DVD with whitefire head phones while you keep an eye on your NAV while you listen to a bit of DAB..........( dual view required ofcourse )
30-08-2011 10:24pm
Louie

When I was at the Cardiff Evoque Unleashed Event I asked about connecting the IPhone, one of the LR chaps plugged in his IPhone to demonstrate, the phone aspect works using Bluetooth but the IPod aspect works via the White USB Cable which apparently also charges the unit when plugged in. Don't think the touch screen gives the album covers like on the ipod but does give all the other info in terms of artist / album / track etc. Much the same as in the Jag XF that i drive presently.

Pure SD4, manual, Firenze Red, tech pack, panoramic roof, zenons, fogs, dimming rear view mirror due Dec.LaughingSurprised

Pure SD4 Firenze Red, manual with tech pack, pano roof, auto dimming rear view mirror, xenons & fogs
Delivered Very HappyVery Happy[/font]
30-08-2011 11:36pm
Acwats

We love our technology in our house

I have an i Pad and an i Pod
My daughter has an i Phone
My son has an i Pod touch

And my wife has an I Ron. Laughing

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
31-08-2011 06:51am
mortz

(31-08-2011 06:51am)Acwats Wrote:  We love our technology in our house

I have an i Pad and an i Pod
My daughter has an i Phone
My son has an i Pod touch

And my wife has an I Ron. Laughing

Nice love the I Ron quote......
Think of an Ipad...then add 4 wheels and a steering wheel - there's your Evoque Cool
(This post was last modified: 31-08-2011 10:53pm by mortz.)
31-08-2011 10:53pm
Alex

When I was at the Cardiff event I took my iPhone with me (plus cable) and tried it out on the stereo system. I also tried it via Bluetooth streaming.

The overall interface interaction with iTunes was not as I was hoping. I was hoping that albums features could be browsed as browsed on the iPhone (or as in iTunes) including displaying covers (or graphics). For me the main annoying limitation was browsing by genre then album cannot be done, it's by genre then artist (do not know why you cannot specify more than one search parameter as opposed to using the presets).

When tracks are playing there is limited text (do not know why the text just cant slide like a banner so song names are not cut off), however there is an info button if you want to find out more about the track details (displays track meta data). We have an iPod/iPhone connection in our Ford and the iTunes navigation appears to be the same, I assume there must be some limitations that a stereo operating system has when connecting to an apple iTunes device, perhaps to ensure future/backward compatibilty.

Not sure what the BMW or Audi iTunes connection is like and if they have a more intuitive/graphical browsing function, would be intersting to know.

I think i will just upload my music to the flash drive anyway, but curious how the browsing/navigation works on that and if it will be a little more interactive than the ITunes connection.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
01-09-2011 10:07am