Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Intelligent Emergency Brake will not activate
philippe

Intelligent Emergency Brake will not activate

Hello everyone,

I am new user in this forum and also the new owner of a LR Evoque . The car is just great however I noticed after sometime an error message related to IEB not being available. Also the Cruise was disabled since I have ACC. This happened after driving under heavy rain and a stop downtown.

After 2 days IEB was still not operating. I decided to go and see my vendor who investigated and then said the front detector had a short circuit issue and they decided to replace the failing front camera/detector.

They plugged back the failing device which amazingly in return came back to operations after hours.

The bad news is that the spare takes a long time to get delivered (It's been 4 weeks since then)

In the last two days after driving on the highway with rain I noticed the issue to happen again.

Any similar experience ? Any clue ?
Is this normal the spare delivery takes ages ?
Philippe
(This post was last modified: 18-01-2017 11:28am by philippe.)
18-01-2017 11:18am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
window

RE: Intelligent Emergency Brake will not activate

(18-01-2017 11:18am)philippe Wrote:  Hello everyone,

I am new user in this forum and also the new owner of a LR Evoque . The car is just great however I noticed after sometime an error message related to IEB not being available. Also the Cruise was disabled since I have ACC. This happened after driving under heavy rain and a stop downtown.

After 2 days IEB was still not operating. I decided to go and see my vendor who investigated and then said the front detector had a short circuit issue and they decided to replace the failing front camera/detector.

They plugged back the failing device which amazingly in return came back to operations after hours.

The bad news is that the spare takes a long time to get delivered (It's been 4 weeks since then)

In the last two days after driving on the highway with rain I noticed the issue to happen again.

Any similar experience ? Any clue ?
Is this normal the spare delivery takes ages ?
Philippe

I had a error message IEB "something". By the time I got home I had forgotten the actual but may have been "not available"? It has not occurred again over the last 2 weeks. The car is 12 months old and I wonder if the problem may again occur. Requiring action?

Evoque HSE Dynamic Firenze Red
(This post was last modified: 18-01-2017 11:35am by window.)
18-01-2017 11:32am
philippe

(18-01-2017 11:32am)window Wrote:  
I had a error message IEB "something". By the time I got home I had forgotten the actual but may have been "not available"? It has not occurred again over the last 2 weeks. The car is 12 months old and I wonder if the problem may again occur. Requiring action?

In my understanding IEB requires forward alert turned on in the driver aids menu to operate.
A sensor/camera just beneath front plates detects moving vehicles ahead.
It seems this sensor/camera is the issue

When I turn on "Forward Alert" in the driver aids menu, it will turn off immediately.
18-01-2017 01:37pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I had ACC on my 2007MY RRS TDv8 and that used to throw up error messages in very heavy rain, sleet and snow. The message was always the same "Forward alert sensor blocked" clearing the snow would bring it back to life, in heavy rain I think it got confused by spray thrown up by cars in front. There was no camera in the system in those days. From experience with my reversing cam on my current RRS it may be that the cam is getting too dirty to be able to interpret the digital signals it needs for the computer............. bad design! RRS now has a rear cam washer jet to keep the lens clear, unfortunately that was 2016 enhancement for RRS and my car is a 2015 and it cannot be retro fitted very easily.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-01-2017 02:40pm
philippe

(18-01-2017 02:40pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I had ACC on my 2007MY RRS TDv8 and that used to throw up error messages in very heavy rain, sleet and snow. The message was always the same "Forward alert sensor blocked" clearing the snow would bring it back to life, in heavy rain I think it got confused by spray thrown up by cars in front. There was no camera in the system in those days. From experience with my reversing cam on my current RRS it may be that the cam is getting too dirty to be able to interpret the digital signals it needs for the computer............. bad design! RRS now has a rear cam washer jet to keep the lens clear, unfortunately that was 2016 enhancement for RRS and my car is a 2015 and it cannot be retro fitted very easily.

Thank you for sharing experience with me. So you're advocating to get some wash on the camera?
18-01-2017 04:01pm
XFullFatTim

Let the dealership replace the sensor, it maybe that the front plate has a hairline crack in it that only leaks when there is heavy rain. We haven't had any reports similar to your problem on this forum, RRSport.co.uk or FullFatRR.com as those cars have the same Intelligent Braking with Adaptive Cruise Control system as Evoques.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-01-2017 06:11am
XFullFatTim

Philippe, I asked over on RRSport.co.uk if anyone had had issue with the same system in their Sports and there are currently 2 replies that might interest you, one with a 2014MY RRS and the other with a 2016.5MY - one has issues the other a theory about the radar unit. http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/post515054.html#515054

(This post was last modified: 19-01-2017 01:06pm by XFullFatTim.)
19-01-2017 01:05pm
philippe

(19-01-2017 01:05pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Philippe, I asked over on RRSport.co.uk if anyone had had issue with the same system in their Sports and there are currently 2 replies that might interest you, one with a 2014MY RRS and the other with a 2016.5MY - one has issues the other a theory about the radar unit. http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/post515054.html#515054

Many thanks Tim
I will engage with my dealership
19-01-2017 02:43pm
syl

I've had the IEB message twice (I've also had the AEB message when the windscreen was coated in ice).

On a couple of separate occasions I've also noted that forward alert, the green triangle, has just turned itself off (more specifically not turned itself on when the car was started) without an obvious IEB message too. It does not come back on automatically next time you start the car - I have had to manually turn it back on in the options menu. Even if forward alert is off, I understand IEB should still work (unless there is an IEB warning).

MY17 RR Evoque TD4 Autobiography
MY17 RRS SDV6 Autobiography
20-01-2017 12:50am
Trapdoor

(20-01-2017 12:50am)syl Wrote:  I've had the IEB message twice (I've also had the AEB message when the windscreen was coated in ice).

On a couple of separate occasions I've also noted that forward alert, the green triangle, has just turned itself off (more specifically not turned itself on when the car was started) without an obvious IEB message too. It does not come back on automatically next time you start the car - I have had to manually turn it back on in the options menu. Even if forward alert is off, I understand IEB should still work (unless there is an IEB warning).

Mine had to go back to the dealership last week as on a trip home 2 weeks ago, whilst in Cruise follow mode, pulling up at a set of traffic lights I got a Forward Alert red warning triangle in the HUD and 3 beeps, the ACC dropped out and IEB System Not available message in the cluster. The green forward alert triangle also went out.

Trying to re-enable the Forward Alert and the setting just kept unselecting, trying to activate ACC caused a 'Cruise not available' message. No amount of cleaning or even pulling the ACC fuses would reset and when I called LR Assist, I was curtly told that "Land Rover Assist are not an extension of the dealer network, and they don't come out for anything other than breakdowns"!

Took the dealer 3 days to fix, they put almost 80 miles on the car road testing it, and I got it back with the 'need fuel' warning and 30 mile range. Evil

Apparently a new sensor/camera module was required.

Hope this was a one-off......

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
05-02-2017 10:27pm