Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Innovative Solution Required for Small Dog!
griff

RE: Innovative Solution Required for Small Dog!

My Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever will just be happy to be coming with me. One of the reasons for getting the Evoque is that the dog can go in the boot rather than an albeit well covered back seat of a BMW convertible.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
20-10-2011 07:41am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gthornton

We have a Wire Fox Terrier and he does occasionally travel up front for my entertainment. But with the RRE there is a lot of door top leather to claw at when looking out of the window so he will be in the boot.

Just make sure there is a bit of movement in the harness and he/she can pop a head over to see proceedings.

Arrived: 4WD SD4 Auto, Prestige, LUX Buckingham Blue w/everything apart from rear screens.
Current/ For Sale: C63 AMG Estate.
Gone: RRS TDV8, F360, Boxster S x3, F328GTS, Caterham etc...
20-10-2011 07:52am
RacingSnake

we've got a cesky terrier... who stinks, permanently.
he's going in the boot.
will probably invest in a small crate to put him in for the journeys....

either that or we'll buy a cheap 'dog carrier' such as a defender 90 or similar Smile
20-10-2011 08:22am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blackseries

As someone who’s car buying decisions always include the “dog factor” I have a quite a long history of car adaptations for my dogs. My suggestion would be to get the standard LR (or 3rd party) boot separator (grill) that fits between the top of the rear seat and the roof. Then look online and see if you have a car trimmer locally and go and have a word with them and see if they can make you a collapsible false floor for the boot, raising the boot floor high enough so that when your dog is sitting / lying on it they can see out of the window...... think custom shaped short legged collapsible Picnic table....... If designed correctly it could then just fold flat when not in use so you could use almost all the boot space. If you don’t have a good quality trimmer nearby go to a high end car audio shop they should know of someone who could help. Most are likely to have people who build base boxes that blend with car interiors for them. These guys might stuggle with the collapsible element .... but I'm sure would be very happy making you a raised false floor. Good luck

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 20-10-2011 09:23am by Blackseries.)
20-10-2011 09:22am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

(20-10-2011 08:22am)RacingSnake Wrote:  ...........or we'll buy a cheap 'dog carrier' such as a defender 90 Smile

They also make excellent Evoque "sump guards", but be aware they are very addictive and 90's are not great load carriers, but there is tons of room in the back for one terrier - it's a big jump for a small dog to get in and out though. Oh and they are not cheap either - anything less than £6k and you will either get a wreck that has been abused offroad or a basket case needing a new chassis

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 20-10-2011 10:11am by XFullFatTim.)
20-10-2011 10:09am
Daigriff

4 planks of wood (stilts) strap to pooches legs, job done. Just don't break too hard or said pooch could end up splattered against rear window with pieces of wood sticking out of various orifices!!!

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
20-10-2011 11:46am
griff

I have a dog cage for sale if you are interested PM me

(20-10-2011 08:22am)RacingSnake Wrote:  we've got a cesky terrier... who stinks, permanently.
he's going in the boot.
will probably invest in a small crate to put him in for the journeys....

either that or we'll buy a cheap 'dog carrier' such as a defender 90 or similar Smile

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof

At home and superb.
20-10-2011 11:55am
Evoqess

(20-10-2011 07:41am)griff Wrote:  My Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever will just be happy to be coming with me. One of the reasons for getting the Evoque is that the dog can go in the boot rather than an albeit well covered back seat of a BMW convertible.

You have yourself a fine Canadian dog there Griff Thumbs Up
Such a gorgeous breed (don't tell my Aussie terrier and poodle I said that!)

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
21-10-2011 07:52am
bennno

(20-10-2011 09:22am)Blackseries Wrote:  As someone who’s car buying decisions always include the “dog factor” I have a quite a long history of car adaptations for my dogs. My suggestion would be to get the standard LR (or 3rd party) boot separator (grill) that fits between the top of the rear seat and the roof. Then look online and see if you have a car trimmer locally and go and have a word with them and see if they can make you a collapsible false floor for the boot, raising the boot floor high enough so that when your dog is sitting / lying on it they can see out of the window...... think custom shaped short legged collapsible Picnic table....... If designed correctly it could then just fold flat when not in use so you could use almost all the boot space. If you don’t have a good quality trimmer nearby go to a high end car audio shop they should know of someone who could help. Most are likely to have people who build base boxes that blend with car interiors for them. These guys might stuggle with the collapsible element .... but I'm sure would be very happy making you a raised false floor. Good luck

Or, as its a dog, you could just put it in the boot?

I really hope this is the post of a female, if not then you Seriously need to man up.

Bennno
21-10-2011 08:07am
griff

(21-10-2011 07:52am)Evoqess Wrote:  
(20-10-2011 07:41am)griff Wrote:  My Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever will just be happy to be coming with me. One of the reasons for getting the Evoque is that the dog can go in the boot rather than an albeit well covered back seat of a BMW convertible.

You have yourself a fine Canadian dog there Griff Thumbs Up
Such a gorgeous breed (don't tell my Aussie terrier and poodle I said that!)
She's a cracker - highly intelligent, very biddable and great fun. 9 years old but still acting as if she was 2!

At home and superb.
21-10-2011 09:29am