Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Information on extra "Packs"
Stadt Panzer

RE: Information on extra "Packs"

Wow , I'd feel right at home.....not seen one here in Germany yet, although saying that I never saw a Zanzibar Evoque here in Germany during my ownership. First one was seen last week driving around town.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
04-05-2015 10:15am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HotLap

(03-05-2015 05:35pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  IIRC the contrast roof is always an optional extra even with the black pack, I have seen several Fuji car with black pack but no contrast roof.

BTW has anyone noticed how popular Kaikura Stone is becoming? In this area there are several owners who had Fuji or Firenze who I now see driving around in Kaikura Stone 2015MY Evoques, whenever I go to the local garden centre there seems to be a corner reserved for them!

Tim, could this be a case of say...think of a yellow VW bug, then you will see several of them the following few days Smile JK, but it does work, I'll think about a particular vehicle and see tons of them the same day!

2015 Evoque Prestige in Santorini Black with Ivory/Espresso interior
05-05-2015 07:47pm
PhilSkill

seen 3 Kaikora in the last few days and I wasn't thinking about them Laughing

Just looked at the configurator (to check the spelling of Kaikora!!!) that MY2016 looks a bit odd now, hopefully the real thing looks better! I think it's the wide vents that stand out too much on the lighter colours.

Also interesting how it looks better with LED headlights, and has no washers in the front bumper (a requirement of Xenons).

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
05-05-2015 09:28pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Phil, on the darker coloured cars you can hardly see the cover flaps for the washers. My Corris RRS is the same, hardly see them but I saw a Yulong White RRS Autobiograpghy today and they were really noticable on that.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
05-05-2015 11:01pm
PhilSkill

Hi Tim, on the configurator image the jet holes actually disappear off the image when you select the LED Option rather than the Standard Xenon. I wonder because LED's don't legally require washers that they have removed them (for cost, even though LED are £1000 option!!!) but then wonder are there headlight washers on LED as all, as in the winter with salty spray and on muddy roads washers are very useful on long journeys, and surely a Land Rover and mud should be synonymous!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
06-05-2015 08:49am
mark_n

I had a black contrasting roof on my Evoque but on my RRS, I've intentionally gone for a body coloured roof, I like the floating effect. Both work for me, what doesn't is a contrasting roof of a different colour, for example, blue car with a silver roof.

As for packs, important to know that ones which alter the model name (for example Lux) may get slightly better trade-in than individually picked options. When I sold my Evoque, only the glass roof mattered. Everything else counted for nothing towards resale. Sadly, the whole options thing is a mug's game. High margin to buy, minimal if any resale value.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
11-05-2015 04:14am
Stadt Panzer

Information on extra "Packs"

(01-05-2015 03:40pm)dynamicgirl Wrote:  Black Pack does include the contrast roof, but it can also be spec'd with a body colour roof if so required. It also includes tinted headlights and fog lights with darkened inner parts and clear rear lights. AFAIK it also includes the rear lip spoiler which was removed from the standard Dynamic spec.

Paula Smile

The configurations page on LR website no longer shows the spoiler lip at part of the black pack in fact it would appear that it's been removed from the system.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
11-05-2015 03:31pm