Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
InControl Apps & iOS11
EarlofEltham

InControl Apps & iOS11

Anyone else running InControl Apps on a device with iOS11?

I'm getting very intermittent performance with Spotify where the screen comes up with the message saying it has disconnected from the phone.

Tweeted Land Rover and they referred me back to a dealer. Don't think it is a dealer problem as it worked fine until I installed iOS11.
09-10-2017 06:29am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MissyH

RE: InControl Apps & iOS11

Hi there.

Yes, I’m experiencing the same issue. And it’s since I upgraded my iOS. It’s totally the InControl App which needs updating. I even asked my dealer and they admitted knowing nothing about it. It’s annoying......
12-10-2017 11:11pm
EarlofEltham

I received a message in the news section of the app last night saying to ensure the app is updated to the latest version for compatibility with iOS 11.

Problem is, the latest version showing in the App Store is 2.4.4 which was released 3 weeks ago.
12-10-2017 11:15pm
MissyH

I downloaded that version as soon as it dropped onto my phone (as I’m sure you did) but they’ve totally missed the issue as it hasn’t been fixed. Clearly they don’t test their software before they release it or they’d have picked it up. Either that or they are well aware of it but it’s right down at the bottom of their priority list! It’s a poor show for Land Rover here.
13-10-2017 06:44am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The issue is the same for all LR cars and many other marques, it’s like they were caught unawares that Apple was about to upgrade the OS.......

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
16-10-2017 11:39am
PhilSkill

To be fair... you upgraded your iPhone, Spotify doesn't work and yet somehow it's Land Rover taking the blame... Confused??:

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-10-2017 11:43am
MissyH

Spotify works fine - it’s the actual Land Rover App itself which doesn’t work. There are a number of different apps you can purchase to use via the Land Rover InControl App - none of which are useable through the LR app itself.
17-10-2017 11:56am
XFullFatTim

If you take a wander over to any of the Land Rover forums this is a hot topic, everyone with InControl Touch who has updated their phone to IOS11 has suffered this problem, because of reading on forums about the issues I have not updated my iPhone to IOS11 but have updated my various iPads.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
17-10-2017 04:14pm
GMCam

I have a new IPhone X - needless to say nothing now working with Incontrol apps.

I can no longer even play music when the iPhone X is connected via cable to the headunit. (Running IOS11.1)

When will JLR sort our the head unit and allow compatibility with Apple/Google off the shelf?

Sort it out JLR !! This is not acceptable on a new car in 2017!

Have resorted to my old Ipod Touch and it now lives in the Evoque.
14-11-2017 10:07am
XFullFatTim

If you read the Land Rover Customer Services section over on RRSport.co.uk there is a long long thread about problems and progress with fixing the issues, admittedly 99% of the posts are not from Land Rover but by forum members who have contacted the various app builders to find out when they will be updating their apps. The problem isn’t one of Land Rover’s making mostly, it is the app designers who have been tardy. Unfortunately once the app designers get their act together they them have to go to The Incontrol Touch people at Land Rover who have to bench test the new apps on their systems.......... even new cars coming off the production line are having issues, not just older cars.

14-11-2017 02:28pm