Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I've sold the Evoque
RRSteve

RE: I've sold the Evoque

I think we need a photo! Wink
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2013 10:51am by RRSteve.)
08-08-2013 10:51am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pricy147

Those residuals are scary!!! Making me think again about an F-Type as a replacement for my TTRS! That plus the fact I tore a V6S F-Type apart last week when he floored it in front of me lol Laughing

Would still swap though Wink

Current Cars:

- TTRS Roadster | Phantom Black | Aluminium Pack | Bose | Ipod Dock | 19" Titanium Grey Alloys | Through Load Facility
- Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Coupe | Firenze Red | Panoramic Roof | Towbar | Satin Brushed Centre Console

[Image: 4fasq.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2013 01:39pm by Pricy147.)
08-08-2013 01:38pm
mark_n

Well, as of this morning, I'm following suit with a RR Sport Autobography, 5.0 litre Supercharged. Went for a test drive and it goes like stink, quite a hard ride on 22" wheels so they're out, this car is well spec'd with just a handful of options needed. Too big to fit in my garage though.

Doesn't come till next April and although dealer offered to take the Evoque now, I will be more than happy to run it for another 8 months of so. It has been, and remains, a great car.

Residuals hit (so he said) by individual rear seats instead of bench, coupe and Si4...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
08-08-2013 04:08pm
griff

Well done Mark
I think the extra grand for the coupe is part of its downfall on residuals.
Cracking car you have chosen - I'm not envious of your mpg, bet its worse than mine!!

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
08-08-2013 04:34pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RRS S/C........ Umm MAYBE 14mpg with a gentle right foot, but they are a huge amount of fun and not that common so the boys in their 8 year old RRS 2.7 TDv6's that have been chipped and body kitted really don't know what just blew them away! The handling for a 2.8 tonnes SUV is pretty tidy too, such a pity that the 4.4 TDV8 didn't fit under the bonnet though as the 3.6 TDv8 was a pretty good beast too with the trick suspension pack from the S/C and 30 mpg with careful driving

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
08-08-2013 04:53pm
Evo-king

(08-08-2013 04:08pm)mark_n Wrote:  Well, as of this morning, I'm following suit with a RR Sport Autobography, 5.0 litre Supercharged. Went for a test drive and it goes like stink, quite a hard ride on 22" wheels so they're out, this car is well spec'd with just a handful of options needed. Too big to fit in my garage though.

Doesn't come till next April and although dealer offered to take the Evoque now, I will be more than happy to run it for another 8 months of so. It has been, and remains, a great car.

Residuals hit (so he said) by individual rear seats instead of bench, coupe and Si4...

Although this is Griff's thread.

Well done Mark, What is your colour choice (Inca maybe with contrast roof)?

In terms of selling on your car, some of these dealers do talk B/S, you would probably be better selling privately.

TG loved it in last weeks programme, GP2 Minis beware.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
09-08-2013 08:45am
griff

Im a friendly guy and quite happy to share this thread and turn it into a "What do you feel now you are changing your Evoque?" thread
Might be interesting

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof

At home and superb.
09-08-2013 08:54am
RRSteve

(08-08-2013 04:53pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  RRS S/C........ Umm MAYBE 14mpg with a gentle right foot, but they are a huge amount of fun and not that common so the boys in their 8 year old RRS 2.7 TDv6's that have been chipped and body kitted really don't know what just blew them away! The handling for a 2.8 tonnes SUV is pretty tidy too, such a pity that the 4.4 TDV8 didn't fit under the bonnet though as the 3.6 TDv8 was a pretty good beast too with the trick suspension pack from the S/C and 30 mpg with careful driving

When I was at the pre-launch test drive of the new RRS the other week I noticed 8 MPG from the RRS V8 petrol on the Gaydon track when flooring it, which apparently is better than the outgoing RRS!!!!!
It did sound awesome though!! Went well too!!
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2013 11:34am by RRSteve.)
09-08-2013 11:32am
griff

I've sold the Evoque

Blimey makes the XFR sound positively frugal!

At home and superb.
09-08-2013 02:21pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

But Griff the XFR is a lightweight compared to what an RRS has to drag around, and the XFR doesn't have to send its powervtonall 4 wheels, that uses a lot of power as you know from owning and Evoque!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
09-08-2013 04:01pm