Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
How was your dealer experience?
bogstomper

RE: How was your dealer experience?

Aren't RFL and plates part of the 'on the road' cost (along with things like delivery charge and a full tank)? Can't remember how much is on my bill for it - £500 maybe? It seems a bit off they wouldn't fill it up for you...
20-09-2011 10:08pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spiderman

Congratulations on your new toys arrival!

What a shame you suffered so appaulingly at the hands of this Dealership, they should be thoroughly ashamed...whoever they are...

I had an absolutely flawless experience from end to end through my Dealers, Stratstone of Perth, & have provided feedback in the 'Dealership Feedback' section of this website at http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Stratston...h-Scotland and took the time to update this when I collected my new toy last week.

These are great cars, I sincerely hope you can put your fiasco behind you and really enjoy your new toy!!!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
20-09-2011 10:10pm
ytshome

(20-09-2011 10:08pm)bogstomper Wrote:  Aren't RFL and plates part of the 'on the road' cost (along with things like delivery charge and a full tank)? Can't remember how much is on my bill for it - £500 maybe? It seems a bit off they wouldn't fill it up for you...

I thought so too. My son picked up his new Golf GTI last week and we managed a seriously good deal. Even though the dealer was having to manage on percentages you could count on one hand, when we turned up, the car was inside a purpose built hand-over centre, filled with petrol and he could take his time to study the car. Mine, whilst nicely presented was outside under a porch which was not quite big enough and so her a..e end stuck out into the rain, meaning that you didn't want to spend too much time at the boot.
(20-09-2011 10:10pm)Spiderman Wrote:  Congratulations on your new toys arrival!

What a shame you suffered so appaulingly at the hands of this Dealership, they should be thoroughly ashamed...whoever they are...

I had an absolutely flawless experience from end to end through my Dealers, Stratstone of Perth, & have provided feedback in the 'Dealership Feedback' section of this website at http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Stratston...h-Scotland and took the time to update this when I collected my new toy last week.

These are great cars, I sincerely hope you can put your fiasco behind you and really enjoy your new toy!!!

That's nice of you Spiderman. I suppose I will once I get the new plates on the car (the one with the correct reg number) which they are having delivered to me. I've then got to re-sort my insurance.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
(This post was last modified: 20-09-2011 10:18pm by ytshome.)
20-09-2011 10:16pm
Acwats

(20-09-2011 08:07pm)griff Wrote:  Feel free if you can afford the libel defence

Not sure what your experience was but if we didn't name names things won't get any better. My Tripadvisor posts could bankrupt meWink

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
20-09-2011 10:21pm
ytshome

(20-09-2011 10:08pm)bogstomper Wrote:  Aren't RFL and plates part of the 'on the road' cost (along with things like delivery charge and a full tank)? Can't remember how much is on my bill for it - £500 maybe? It seems a bit off they wouldn't fill it up for you...

Hi Bogstamper I should have said that the two sets of plates they made for me were private plates. One for the Evoque, because they couldn't arrange the change over in time for the delivery and a second for our youngest son's car as he's just inherited his Mums golf match. Cheers YT

20-09-2011 10:21pm
paulus599

(20-09-2011 09:10pm)Charlie Wrote:  He's much older and more awkward than you.

Oh no I'm not! (well the older bit anyway Confused )

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
21-09-2011 03:05pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

Just testing you're awake Very Happy
21-09-2011 03:46pm
Evoqess

I'm entirely certain that my Evoque pick up will not match my previous at a local Audi dealership. I was treated like a VIP and the car rolled into the showroom slowly as I was finalizing the paperwork. Over my shoulder I glanced to see my salesperson buffing off some fingerprints from the wingmirrors. The car overview was exceptional, the gift basket unexpected. Monogrammed winter mats, free carbon fibre key chain. Full gas tank.
Honestly, add some secret charges and treat me like a queen and I'm blissfully happy.

I don't think Landrover stand a chance from initial interactions.
Maybe if my expectations are lower to begin with...
Besides- I'll be in a rush to leave the dealership as am sure the most valuable info I've garnered has been right here, on this forum!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
22-09-2011 08:54pm
ytshome

(22-09-2011 08:54pm)Evoqess Wrote:  I'm entirely certain that my Evoque pick up will not match my previous at a local Audi dealership. I was treated like a VIP and the car rolled into the showroom slowly as I was finalizing the paperwork. Over my shoulder I glanced to see my salesperson buffing off some fingerprints from the wingmirrors. The car overview was exceptional, the gift basket unexpected. Monogrammed winter mats, free carbon fibre key chain. Full gas tank.
Honestly, add some secret charges and treat me like a queen and I'm blissfully happy.

I don't think Landrover stand a chance from initial interactions.
Maybe if my expectations are lower to begin with...
Besides- I'll be in a rush to leave the dealership as am sure the most valuable info I've garnered has been right here, on this forum!

Sounds wonderful! You don't do short stories for a living do you? I'm afraid it sounds a distant cry from my own most recent pick-up. My Evoque was parked outside, under a porch, which wasn't quite big enough to keep the car dry in the inclement conditions. It saved time checking the cars body-work though I suppose. Cheers YT

(This post was last modified: 22-09-2011 10:15pm by ytshome.)
22-09-2011 10:14pm
Evoqess

Smile @ ytshome, hehe was I rambling?
Wouldn't short stories be a nice way to make a living! Or even being a prestige vehicle salesperson with an appreciation for the "occasion" of a new car purchase!
I look at people's insides all day which after 20 years is still super interesting!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
23-09-2011 12:44am